The XGA-resolution Sanyo PLC-XU116 XGA Ultra-Portable Multimedia Projector has the projection power (4500 lumens at a 1000:1 contrast ratio) to make big bright pictures from a small package (only 7.7 pounds and about the size of a laptop).
Sanyo PLCXU116 Description:
But the PLC-XU116 can do lot more than make big pictures from an ultra-portable package. For one thing its 1.6x zoom lens helps make them even bigger. And it can make them all over the world. It's got an international 110 240 volt 50/60 Hz power supply and it can project video in the NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N and SECAM standards.
And speaking of international, its OSD (on-screen display) offers your choice of 17 languages. The PLC-XU116 is also compatible with a few dozen Macintosh and PC resolution/sync rates and its two USB ports allow you to project from a PC without a bulky VGA cable or project still images or movies you've copied to the included USB thumb drive.
In addition to analog TV signals it also does the full complement of high definition signals: 720p, 1080i and 1080p.
This ultra-portable projector is also ultra-networkable. It's got both an RS-232 port and RJ45 jack for wired networking in addition to built-in 802.22b/g/n wireless networking. You can project both images and audio as well as maintain and monitor one or more projectors wirelessly over you LAN.
Adding to its versatility is a remote control that doubles (make that triples) as a laser pointer and wireless mouse. Another bonus: The PLC-XU116 can display all four closed captioning channels (CC1, CC2, CC3 and CC4) from program sources that provide CC so you can be sure to include your entire audience in your presentations.
Sanyo PLCXU116 Features:
- 4500 Lumens and a 1000:1 Contrast Ratio
- This is a high-powered projector that's ultra-portable yet suitable for permanent installation. With the kind of projection power the PLC-XU116 possesses it can be used in large rooms even with relatively high levels of ambient light. Turn the lights down low and you'll be even more impressed by the intensely vivid, lifelike colors produced.
- 3LCD Projector Panels
- 3LCD technology delivers sharper and brighter images with superior grayscale detail. Smooth, seamless color combined with an unparalleled grayscale range delivers incredible detail to every image displayed by the PLC-XU116. Grayscale is the shades of gray (from black to white) required for greater image depth and detail; it allows greater variation in shadows and brings superior accuracy to color, creating a vivid, true-to-life visual experience.
- Easy Set Up Function
- The PLC-XU116 provides an Auto Set Up Function that corrects keystone-shaped distortion by searching for an input signal and detecting projector incline. Then it automatically compensates for keystone picture distortion. Auto Keystone Correction, Auto Input Search and Auto PC Adjustment make this a really smart projector. And a wide range 1.6x optical zoom lens allows for flexible placement.
- World Ready
- The PLC-XU116 has a 100 240 V AC 50/60 Hz power supply. In addition to NTSC (the North American standard) it can handle the NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N and SECAM video standards. Of course it also projects in 720p 1080i and 1080p high definition. The onscreen display is available in 17 languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Hungarian, Romanian, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Thai.
- Wired and Wireless Network Ready
- A built-in RJ45 (Ethernet) jack and a built-in 802.11b/g/n wireless transceiver means you can control your PLC-XU116 from anywhere on your LAN or across the Internet. Schedule, manage and monitor the projector remotely and receive e-mail alerts of projector lamp status. Remote network monitoring and control make this projector ideal for school and corporate use. You can even use your network connection for projecting images from up to five PCs.
- USB Display Function
- This projector has a USB display function that makes your presentation smarter and easier. Once the driver is installed on your PC, the USB cable takes the place of both the VGA and audio cables. You can also insert the included USB thumb drive into the PLC-XU116 to project images or movie files you've copied to the drive.
- Small and Light
- This projector is only a bit bigger than a page of legal-sized paper and a hair over three inches highabout the size of a laptop. And it weighs only 7.7 pounds. With carrying cases for both the projector and its USB thumb drive included, you're good to go on a moment's notice.
- Logo Function
- The Logo function allows you to customize the start-up screen logo. You can capture an image for the screen logo and use it for the start-up display or between presentations.
- Colorboard Function
- Sometimes you just don't have a screen and you have to use a greenboard or wall. The PLC-XU116 offers a choice of four color settings so you can get realistic colors even when projecting on a colored surface.
- Closed Captioning
- The PLC-XU116 can display all four closed captioning channels from programming sources that provide it. Closed captioning was developed to make TV more enjoyable and useful for the hard of hearing but it also comes in handy for those learning English as a second language or when you have to project in a noisy environment.
Sanyo PLCXU116 Specifications:
|Resolution:||XGA (1024 x 768) |
|Display Device:||0.8 TFT p-Si x3 w/Micro lens |
|Brightness:||4500 ANSI Lumens |
|Contrast Ratio:||1000:1 |
|Video Signals:||NTSC/PAL/SECAM/NTSC4.43/PAL-M&N |
|Aspect Ratio:||4:3 Native, 16:9 Capable |
|Number of Colors:||Full Color |
|Lamp:||275W NSHA |
|Typical Lamp Life:||3000h (Eco) |
|Lens:||F 1.7 - 2.5 / f 0.76 - 1.19 |
|Throw Ratio:||1.15 - 1.85 : 1 |
|Image Size:||40-300 |
|Throw Distance:||3.1-37.6 |
|Keystone Correction:||V +/- 40, H +/- 30(Auto V-Keystone) |
|Projection Methods:||Front, rear, ceiling |
|Inputs:||PC Input Terminals; DVI-I x 1 (w/HDCP ), D-Sub15 x 1), Audio x 1 (stereo mini-jack : common))|
Video Input Terminals; Composite Video (RCA x 1), S-Video (mini-Din 4-pin), R & L/mono audio (RCA x 2)
Service Port Terminal Mini DIN 8-pin
Mouse Control Port USB type B x 1
Other Terminals: RJ45 for Wired LAN, SD card
|Outputs:||D-Sub15 x 1 (monitor out)|
Variable audio from PC audio input or Video audio input (stereo mini-jack)
|Speaker:||One-piece, 1-watt Mono |
|Audible Noise:||30 dBA (Eco) |
|Weight:||7.7 lbs. |
|Dimensions:||13.2 x 3.1 x 10.1 in. |
|Accessories:||Power Cord, Quick Reference Guide, VGA Cable, Owner's Manual (CD ROM), Lens Cap, Network Software (CD-ROM), Sofy carrying bag, Pin code label, Remote Control, AAA battery x2 |
|Remote Control:||Yes |
|Mfg Warranty:||Three years parts and labor; 90 days original lamp; Quick Repair Program under warranty|