There are short throw projectors and then there's the Sanyo PLC-XL50A XGA Ultra Short-Throw Multimedia Projector. What's an ultra short-throw projector, anyway It's one capable of projecting a large image from only a short distance from the screen. That's what sets the PLC-XL50A apart. It can project an 80 inch image (nearly seven feet across diagonally) at only 3.18 inches away from the screen! It sounds impossible but it's true. And it can do it with at 2000 Lumens and a 700:1 contrast ratio. Imagine how bright that image can be. The PLC-XL50A can project images vertically (portrait mode) as well as horizontally (landscape mode). Clearly, this is a projector like no other.
Sanyo PLCXL50A Description:
Looking more like something that fell off of the International Space Station than a conventional projector, the PLC-XL50A is full of surprises. Of course you can mount it on the ceiling and rear mount it but how many projectors do you know that can be wall mounted You can even project a large image on the floor. That could be a lot of fun with kindergarteners in an education environment and an innovative advertising medium in a mall or store. The possibilities are endless.
Other features you've come to expect in an advanced projector are also included. If the three watt speaker isn't loud enough you can plug in optional powered speakers to the variable audio out jack. The PLC-XL50A can project 720p, 1035i and 1080i high definition images as well as NTSC, PAL and SECAM video signals. Its 100 240 Volt AC power supply will work in most of the world.
You can password protect the projector and create and save your own starting logo to identify the projector as yours. You can also lock the buttons so settings can't be inadvertently changed. For physical security there's a slot for an optional Kensington security lock and a vibration sensor sounds an alarm when the projector is moved.
It doesn't look like a conventional projector and it has features far beyond those of a conventional projector. The PLC-XL50A is in a class of its own.
Sanyo PLCXL50A Features:
- 2000 Lumens And a Contrast Ratio of 700:1
- This is a fully featured 2000 lumens 700:1 contrast ratio projector. Its 0.8" 3LCD imaging panel (the part that creates the image) delivers sharper and brighter images with superior grayscale detail. Smooth, seamless color combined with an unparalleled grayscale range delivers incredible detail to every image displayed by the PLC-XL50A.
- Ultra Short Throw Opens Up New Potentials
- The "throw" of a projector is the ratio between how far from the screen it has to be and the size of the projected image at that distance. The PLC-XL50A's ratio is simply phenomenal. Imagine projecting a huge 80 inch image from just three inches from the screen. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination.
- Easy On, Easy Off
- The unit turns on automatically when the power cord is plugged into an electrical outlet and with the Easy-Off function it's possible to remove the power cord without waiting for the machine to cool down, which is convenient for quickly clearing away the area after a presentation.
- New Optical Engine and Lens
- The optical engine was created with a high-precision mirror combined with a distortion correction mechanism lens, enabling large magnification without distortion, even from ultra-short distances. To shorten the projection distance of the PLC-XL50A, a large diameter aspheric (non-spherical) lens and high precision aspheric mirror technology was developed.
- Ready for the World
- This projector has a 100 to 120 V AC; 200 - 240 V AC 50/60 Hz auto switching international power supply; can accept and project video in the NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL M, N, and SECAM standards and its onscreen display (OSD) offers you 16 languages from which to choose.
- Horizontal and Vertical Projection
- Horizontal projection (landscape mode) is the norm for TV images, computer screens and projectors. That's what a projector is supposed to do. Nothing new there. But the PLC-XL50A can project vertically too (portrait mode). That may seem odd but think a moment. Just about everywhere else in life we look at documents in portrait mode. Letters, books, contracts, memos, scriptsyou name itare in portrait mode. It's the natural proportion for documents. From your home office to the classroom to the courtroom the PLC-XL50A's vertical projection will change the way you work with and think about projectors.
- Easily Adapts to Different Projection Surfaces
- Top and bottom keystone correction allows for proper alignment of the projector when it's not exactly level. A Color Board Mode, allows you to adjust the image's hue when projecting on a color (non-white) surface.
- Convenience Features and Security Measures Abound
- The PLC-XL50A is no slouch when it comes to convenience and security.
- Its proprietary cooling system has a one-way flow design consisting of an air intake and exhaust mechanism on the main body of the projector.
- Top and Bottom Keystone Correction is provided for proper alignment of the projector.
- The Color Board Mode allows adjustment of the hue when projecting an image on a colored (non-white) surface so that it appears to be projected on a white surface. The additional Black Board Mode enables educational institutions to use the projector with all standardized educational boards.
- The PLC-XL50A has been outfitted with a built-in vibration sensor alert. An alarm sounds when the unit is picked up, proving to be an effective theft-deterrent. There is also a PIN code to lock the projector when not in use.
Sanyo PLCXL50A Specifications:
ImageContrast Ratio: 700:1 Diagonal Image Size: 80" Uniformity: 80% Maximum Resolution: 1600 x 1200 Native Resolution: 1024 x 768 Standard Mode Brightness: 2000 lm Graphic Mode: XGA Native Aspect Ratio: 4:3 Vertical Keystone Correction: -5/+5 Maximum Vertical Sync: 100 Hz Maximum Horizontal Sync: 100 kHz
LensDigital Zoom Factor: 16x Zoom Type: Digital Zoom Maximum Lens Aperture: F/1.85
Package ContentsPLC-XL50A Multimedia Projector IR Remote Control
Network & Communication
Physical CharacteristicsDimensions: 7.80" Height x 14.70" Width x 14.70" Depth Weight: 15.90 lb
Power DescriptionInput Voltage: 110 V AC
Technical InformationProjection Method: Front