The WXGA-resolution Sanyo PLC-WXU700A Portable Multimedia Projector pumps out vivid, sharp images at 3800 lumens and a 500:1 contrast ratio thanks to the combination of its 3LCD imaging panels (the part that creates the image) and 275 watt lamp.
Sanyo PLCWXU700A Description:
Its large 0.74" 3LCD imaging panels deliver sharper and brighter images with superior grayscale detail. Smooth, seamless color combined with an unparalleled grayscale range delivers incredible detail to every image the PLC-WXU700A displays. And it can deliver them in 720p, 1080i and 1080p high definition and NTSC, PAL and SECAM video formats.
Transfer images and video to the included USB drive and you can leave your PC behind. Just bring the USB drive with you and once you plug it into the projector you're good to go.
That USB drive also has 802.11n wireless capability built-in. And its connection speed is so fast you can use it to stream video from any PC within range.
You can also plug the projector into a wired LAN and get the usual capabilities like remote monitoring and control of the projector and having it email you with status reports. But you can also do cool stuff like project the same computer image to five projectors, or conversely, to operate up to 100 projectors simultaneously.
You've heard of Picture in Picture, right The PLC-WXU700A can do that but it can also do Picture by Picture. For example you could display computer output on one side of the screen and a commentator on the other.
Of course the PLC-WXU700A isn't all new-fangled bells and whistles. It's still got the features you've come to expect in a projector, like closed captioning. Closed captioning enables your entire audience to follow along when you're projecting from sources that provide it. It also comes in handy when presenting to people learning English as a second language and whenever you're projecting in a noisy environment.
Sanyo PLCWXU700A Features:
- 3800 Lumens And a 500:1 Contrast Ratio
- That's plenty of projection power for a medium to large room even if there's some ambient light like lights left on so viewers can take notes.
- 3LCD Display Panels
- 3LCD technology delivers sharper and brighter images with superior grayscale detail. Smooth, seamless color combined with an unparalleled grayscale range delivers incredible detail to every image displayed by the PLC-WXU700A. Grayscale is the shades of gray (from black to white) required for greater image depth and detail; it allows greater variation in shadows and brings superior accuracy to color, creating a jaw-dropping, true-to-life visual experience. Aperture ratio is a 20% more than what conventional LCD panels offer, providing distinctly superior reproduction. Images are consistently beautiful, whether played back from terrestrial digital broadcasts, Blu-ray media or other sources.
- Network Ready with an RJ45 Jack
- When you connect the PLC-WXU700A to your network (LAN) a whole new level of functionality opens up. You can perform the usual projector-on-a-network tasks like remote monitoring and control and having the projector(s) email you status reports. But you can also do things like have one computer image be projected to as many as five projectors simultaneously. The Multi Control function which can operate up to 100 projectors simultaneously.
- Wireless Projection Via Wireless LAN
- Attach the included USB drive and you can connect wirelessly to your LAN. The industry's first projector with an IEEE 802.11n high-speed wireless LAN function offers faster wireless transmission than ever before. And the video streaming function allows it to play a video file as it is being received. These functions produce smoothly streaming motion images.
- IR Wireless Remote With Laser Pointer and Wireless Mouse Functions
- The full-featured remote works within 16.4 feet of the projector but it's more versatile than that. If you plug the projector into your computer with an optional USB cable you can use the remote as a wireless mouse with a full range of motion and left and right mouse buttons. And if you want to make sure you're making your point, the remote works as a laser pointer at the push of a button. You can also emphasize parts of the picture with a small, medium or large "spotlight" or an onscreen pointer in the shape of an arrow, finger or dot.
- Picture in Picture and Picture by Picture Modes
- Picture-in-Picture Mode and Picture-by-Picture Mode can project two images simultaneously, allowing two sources to be viewed to introduce a product or point. You're probably familiar with Picture in Picture from PIP-capable TVs. You place a picture from another source in one the four corners of the screen. With Picture by Picture you can have two images side by side. For example, you might have a spreadsheet on one side of the screen and a teleconference on the other.
- Flexible Input Options
- The PLC-WXU700A accepts a wide variety of input signals, including HDMI (the latest standard for digitally connecting to high-definition systems), component and composite video, S-Video (Y/C), and computer signals from VGA (640 x 480) through its native resolution of WXGA (1280 x 800" up to UXGA (1600 x 1200).
- PC-Less Presentations with Memory Viewer Function
- The Memory Viewer Function displays images stored on a USB flash drive connected to the projector so you won't need a PC. You can have a slide show run automatically or advance slides individually. You can also show thumbnails of the images on the flash drive and change folders. This function works with JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF and text files. You can also play movies in the MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264, and VC-1 formats.
- Supports The Windows Vista Network Projector Function
- Windows Embedded CE 6.0 is preinstalled in the projector to support the Network Projector function standard feature of Windows Vista. This eliminates the need to install a special program or driver, and projects images from a Windows Vista PC over a network, without having to change any complex settings.
- Multi-Language Onscreen Display (OSD)
- The OSD is available in 17 languages; English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Hungarian, Romanian, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Thai.
- Closed Captioning Handles CC1, CC2, CC3 and CC4 Channels
- Closed captioning was developed to make video more enjoyable and useful for the hard of hearing but it also comes in handy for people whose native language isn't English. CC is more complicated than you might think. Of course the programming source has to provide it but did you know there are different channels of closed captioning The PLC-WXU700A can handle all of them: CC1 (closed caption1, the most common channel), CC2, CC3 and CC4.
- When You Don't Have a Screen Handy Use Wall Color Correction
- Sometimes you just don't have a screen and you have to use a blackboard or wall. The PLC-WXU700A offers a choice of four color settings so you can get realistic colors even when projecting on a colored surface.
Sanyo PLCWXU700A Specifications:
ImageMaximum Resolution: 1600 x 1200 Native Resolution: 1280 x 800 Standard Mode Brightness: 3800 lm Low Mode Brightness: 3040 lm Graphic Mode: WXGA Minimum Projection Distance: 39" Maximum Projection Distance: 39.70 ft Native Aspect Ratio: 16:10 Vertical Keystone Correction: -40/+40 Maximum Vertical Sync: 100 Hz Maximum Horizontal Sync: 100 kHz
LensManual Zoom Factor: 1.6x Zoom Type: Manual Zoom Minimum Lens Aperture: F/1.7 Maximum Lens Aperture: F/2.5
Network & CommunicationConnectivity Technology: Wired Network Technology: Ethernet Network Support: Yes Network Standard: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
Physical CharacteristicsDimensions: 3.70" Height x 13.22" Width x 10.14" Depth Weight: 7.94 lb Color: White
Technical InformationProjection Method: Front
LampLamp Type: NSH Lamp Power: 275 W Normal Mode Lamp Life: 2500 Hour Economy Mode Lamp Life: 3000 Hour
AudioNumber of Speakers: 1 Speaker Output Power: 1 W Speaker Output Mode: Mono
Interfaces/PortsInterfaces: 1 x 15-pin HD-15 VGA In
General InformationProduct Type: LCD Projector Manufacturer Part Number: PLC-WXU700A Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.sanyo.com Manufacturer: SANYO Electric Co.,Ltd Product Model: PLC-WXU700A Product Name: PLC-WXU700A LCD Projector Brand Name: SANYO
ImageContrast Ratio: 500:1 Diagonal Image Size: 300" Uniformity: 85%