The 6400 series pulls together some of Samsung's most advanced capabilities and features for 2013 without breaking the bank. The UN50F6400 is a 3D TV, but its appeal isn't limited to 3D fans. Why Because displaying 3D accurately requires a top-notch screen. So, even if you don't care about 3D, that capability comes with a bonus: the sharpest, clearest 2D picture you've ever seen.
This model's LED backlight employs Samsung's Micro Dimming technology to produce a more accurate picture. The TV divides the image into multiple areas and applies the correct contrast levels to each area. The edge-mounted LEDs can actually dim independently based on the content in each scene. This is also a high-speed scanning backlight, which helps get rid of motion blur in on-screen action.
- The Samsung Smart TV finds the movies and TV shows you like – and more. Navigate within the 5 Smart Hub content panels. Easily discover movies, shows, and social posts with less searching and more watching
- Our new interface organizes your entertainment and content into 5 convenient panels: On TV, Movies and TV Shows, Social, Apps, and a panel for your Photos, Videos and Music.
- Discover what you want to watch with customized content options based on your preferences. Or visit the full S-Recommendation hub to find new things to watch.
- All the benefits of full web browsing, right on your TV. From social sites like Facebook and Twitter to news, weather, entertainment, blogs and more. Discover even more content possibilities with your Smart TV.
Dual Core Processor
- Dual Core processing speeds allow you to perform multiple tasks at the same time. It also enables fast web browsing while playing apps or TV programs that you’ve recently opened through the Recent History feature.
Clear Motion Rate 480
- A Clear Motion Rate of 480 is a remarkable level of motion-clarity. TVs with this CMR can display action-packed movement with in-depth sharpness, clarity and contrast. Clear Motion Rate was developed to accurately measure how well an LCD or LED TV can depict fast moving images. Previously, motion-clarity was calculated by the frame refresh rate alone. But CMR offers a more complete measure by calculating 3 factors: frame refresh rate, image processor speed and backlight technology.
Samsung Active 3D
- Enjoy stunning Full HD 1080p in both 2D and 3D modes. With Samsung's 3D converter, turn 2D viewing into 3D for an amazing cinematic experience.
- Experience advanced picture contrast, color and detail with Micro Dimming. Samsung’s advanced picture contrast technology controls and enhances LED screen brightness, for even whiter whites and deeper blacks.
Wide Color Enhancer Plus
- Enhances hues by expanding the color range for a more vivid experience especially beneficial when watching older film productions and non high definition content.
Full HD 1080p
- Samsung Full HD 1080p displays picture quality that’s crisp, clear, and breathtakingly life-like. The realistic detail of Full HD images invites you to enjoy a viewing experience that redefines reality.
- With WiFi built right into the TV, no additional equipment is needed to connect with an existing wireless router in your home network and start browsing the web, accessing Samsung Apps or other Smart TV features.*
- *Internet Access Required.
- Allows your TV to wirelessly access and stream content from any compatible device, like a PC or mobile device. Share movies, photos, and music all through your TV. And with cloud technology, you can access and even share content away from home.
- ConnectShare™ Movie lets you watch videos, play music or view photos* from a USB connection without needing to use a PC or special equipment. Simply plug your USB directly into your Samsung TV’s USB port and watch on the big screen with friends and family.
- * Supported formats include AVI, ASF, MP3, JPEG and others. See user manual for full list of supported video/music/photo formats.
- With Samsung Anynet+ you’ll enjoy expanded control and seamless functionality between all your Samsung HDMI connected compatible devices such as your Samsung TV, Blu-ray Disc player, AV Receiver and Home Theater System.
- Samsung Eco Sensor measures the intensity of the light in the room and automatically adjusts the brightness of the image on the TV, for more intelligent energy management.
4 HDMI Connections
- High-quality single-cable digital audio/video interface for connecting the TV to a digital cable box, satellite box, DVD & Blu-ray Player, PC computers, PC portable devices, new-generation tablets, and devices featuring the HDMI output.
- Set up your Samsung TV perfectly with the built-in swivel stand. Samsung Swivel stands allow you to turn your TV up to 10 degrees to the left or right to ensure you have a direct view of the TV no matter where you’re sitting in the room.
Quad Stand (Black Luminus)
- The innovative Quad Stand is designed specifically for your Samsung TV and provides stylish support.
Smart Touch Remote Control
- Enjoy all the benefits of a Universal Remote with the Smart Touch Remote Control. Use it to control multiple devices connected to your Smart TV, including the set top box, Blu-ray player and Home Entertainment System. The innovative touch pad allows for quick and intuitive navigation, while the built-in microphone provides an alternative way to control your Smart TV with your voice.
DTS Premium Sound™ 5.1
- Delivers immersive 5.1 surround sound from any DTS-encoded content and converts any two-channel audio content into a 5.1 DTS surround sound track for discrete surround sound playback.
DTS 2.0 + Digital Out
- Advanced audio processing decodes the DTS stream, thent mixes down and outputs 2-channel audio, played back via stereo speakers. Digital Out means the device can also output the DTS bitstream via digital outputs (S/PDIF or HDMI) to a receiver to decode DTS audio.
Dolby Digital Plus/Pulse
- Optimizes the TV sound quality when viewing and listening to Internet movies, Internet music and other content played back from wired or wireless mobile phones, PCs, and tablet devices.
- Go green and save the planet. This Samsung TV not only meets ENERGY STAR requirements; it exceeds them.
|Design||One Design (ToC)|
|Swivel Stand (Left/Right)||Yes|
|Bezel Width||0.5" thin|
|Stand Type (Color)||Quad Stand (Black Luminus)|
|Native Resolution||1,920 x 1080|
|Dynamic Contrast Ratio||Mega|
|Clear Motion Rate||480|
|Sound Effect System||DTS Studio Sound|
|Sound Output (RMS)||10W x 2|
|Speaker Type||Down Firing + Full Range|
|Dolby Digital Plus/ Pulse||Yes|
|DTS 2.0+Digital Out / DTS Premium Sound||DTS Premium Audio 5.1|
|Apps Platform||Samsung Smart TV with Smart Hub and S-Recommendation|
|Smart View||Yes (Clone View)|
|Smart Phone Remote Support||Yes|
|OSD Language||English, Spanish, French|
|Bluetooth HID Built in||Yes|
|USB HID Support||Yes|
|Wide Color Enhancer||Yes|
|RVU||Yes (Direct TV Ready)|
|Auto Power Off||Yes|
|Auto Volume Leveler||Yes|
|Clock & On/Off Timer||Yes|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Composite (AV)||1 (Shared with Component)|
|Digital Audio Out (Optical)||1|
|DVI Audio In (Mini Jack)||1|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant||ENERGY STAR 6.0|
|Energy Guide Label||Energy Guide Label|
|Standby Power Consumption||0.3W|
|Power Supply (V)||AC110-120V 60Hz|
|DTV Tuner Built-in||ATSC / Clear QAM|
|3D Active Glasses||2 (SSG-5100gb) Included|
|Remote Control Battery||Included|
|IR Extender Cable||Included|
|Mini Wall Mount Compatibility||Compatible|
|Vesa Wall Mount Compatibility||Yes (400x400)|
|One (1) Year Parts and Labor||Yes|
|Parts and Labor Commercial Use||90 days|