Short throw lenses are also preferred for rear projection setups where space behind the screen is at a premium. For example, the MP515 ST can project an image that measures five feet diagonally from as little as 44 inches away.
But the MP515 ST can do lot more than make big pictures in tight spaces. For one thing, it can make them all over the world. It's got an international auto switching 100 – 240 volt 50/60 Hz power supply and it can project video in the NTSC, PAL and SECAM standards. And speaking of international, its onscreen display (OSD) offers your choice of 24 languages. The MP515 ST is also compatible with a couple dozen Macintosh and PC resolution/sync rates.
The MP515 ST makes beautiful, vivid pictures thanks to its Texas Instruments DLP imaging panel with BrilliantColor and BenQ's 3-D Color Management. It's also got four picture modes specialized for brightly lit rooms, presentations, viewing photos and watching movies plus two "user" modes that allow you to save your own picture preferences.
This projector has beautiful images in its blood. BenQ was the first company to use BrilliantColor technology in its projectors and the MP515 ST can keep its 720p, 1080i and 1080p high definition video in pure digital form all the way from its source thanks to its HDMI v 1.2 input. With 2500 ANSI lumens at a 2600:1 contrast ratio those images will be vivid, detailed and true-to-life even if you can't achieve theater-level darkness in your projection venue.
- 2500 ANSI Lumens And a 2600:1 Contrast Ratio
- That's plenty of projection power for presentations in a large classroom, lecture hall or meeting room or watching a DVD or Blu-ray disc in your media room, even with a fair amount of ambient light.
- Texas Instruments DLP DMD With BrilliantColor Technology
- BenQ projectors were the first to adopt BrilliantColor technology. It's not hard to understand why. BrilliantColor increases color accuracy while it increases color brightness by up to 50 percent over DLP projectors without it. BrilliantColor provides accurate, true-to-life images because in addition to red green and blue, its spectrum includes their complements: cyan, magenta and yellow. What's more, DLP projectors require no filters that have to be periodically cleaned and replaced.
- Customize With 3-D Color Management
- Exclusive BenQ 3-D Color Management enables you to fine-tune color intensity to meet your preference. 3-D Color Management lets you independently adjust the hue, grain, and saturation levels of all six color wheel tones (red, green, blue, cyan, magenta, and yellow) without colors compromising each other.
- BenQ Short Throw Technology
- Thanks to the special aspherical lens adopted by BenQ, the MP515 ST requires only half the projection distance of traditional projectors (to project the same sized picture). With its short-throw ratio lens precisely calculated and positioned, the projector is able to deliver large-screen projection in tight spaces without jeopardizing picture quality.
- Quick Auto Search Finds the Active Input Fast
- You often might have multiple inputs plugged in to the projector. With Quick Auto Search activated it will automatically switch to the one that's got the live signal.
- Presentation Timer
- Tired of listening to subordinates and vendors drone on and on during their over-prepared, statistics-laden presentations? Invite them to use your MP515 ST and set the Presentation Timer to your liking, say five or ten minutes. You're unlikely to lose much important information and you'll gain a whole lot of time.
- Wall Color Correction
- Don't worry if you don't have a projector screen handy. BenQ has studied the most commonly used paint colors and developed easy-to-use Wall Color Correction technology so that you can project almost anywhere and still get the precise color performance you need.
- Closed Captioning
- The MP515 ST can display Closed Captioning from programming sources that provide it. Closed Captioning was developed to make TV more enjoyable and useful for the hard of hearing but it also comes in handy for those learning English as a second language. It's also great for watching Guy Ritchie movies with all those Cockney-accented gangsters you can't understand.
||DLP projector |
||Stereo speakers |
||10 in |
||8.4 in |
||3.5 in |
||5.3 lbs |
|Projector / Panel|
||2500 ANSI lumens |
|Image Contrast Ratio
||0.3 in - 300 in |
||0.9 - 1.08 |
|Digital Zoom Factor
||SVGA (800 x 600) (native) / 1600 x 1200 (resized) |
|Native Aspect Ratio
||16.7 million colors |
|Max Sync Rate (V x H)
||85 Hz x 92 kHz |
||220 Watt |
|Lamp Life Cycle
||2000 hour(s) / 3000 hour(s) (economic mode) |
|Controls / Adjustments
||Keystone correction |
||Danish, Hungarian, Czech, Croatian, Thai, Chinese (traditional), Chinese (simplified), English, German, French, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Polish, Finnish, Swedish, Russian, Spanish, Dutch, Turkish, Bulgarian, Romanian, Japanese, Korean |
||sRGB color profile, freeze frame, Closed Caption, wall color correction, BrilliantColor, 16:9 aspect ratio support, 3D Color Management |
|Projector Lens System|
|Keystone Correction Direction
|Vertical Keystone Correction
||-40 / +40 |
|Analog Video Format
||NTSC, SECAM, PAL |
|Analog Video Signal
||RGB, S-Video, composite video, component video |
|Digital Video Standard
||High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) |
||480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 480i, 576i, 576p |
||Speaker(s) - integrated |
|Sound Output Mode
|Output Power / Channel
||5 Watt |
||2 x right / left channel |
||Remote control - external - wireless |
|Expansion / Connectivity|
||1 x component video / RGB input - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) 1 x HDMI input - 19 pin HDMI Type A 1 x S-video input - 4 pin mini-DIN 1 x composite video input - RCA 1 x audio line-in - RCA x 2 1 x serial RS-232 - 9 pin D-Sub (DB-9) ( management ) |
||1 x VGA cable |
|Compatible with Windows 7
||"Compatible with Windows 7" software and devices carry Microsoft’s assurance that these products have passed tests for compatibility and reliability with 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7. |
||Power supply - internal |
||AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz ) |
|Power Consumption Operational
||275 Watt |
|Power Consumption Operational ( Standby )
||1 Watt |
||32 dB |
|Sound Emission (Economic Mode)