First there's BD-Live 2.0, which uses your broadband connection to download additional information like "extras" that often come on DVDs. But because these extras are on the Internet they can change and grow over time. In fact, the BDX2500 can access free, paid and subscription-bases service from a multitude of services including Netflix, Blockbuster, Vudu and Pandora Internet Radio. With BD-Live you can enjoy great entertainment before you ever play a Blu-ray disc.
You can connect to your broadband network by using the BDX2500's Ethernet (RJ-45) jack or you can buy the optional Wi-Fi adapter and plug it into the player's USB jack if you prefer to go wireless. You'll need a SD Card with at least a gigabyte of free space for temporary storage while you're connected. If you have an HD camcorder that records in AVCHD format, you can also use the SD card slot to watch your home movies.
If you've got Blu-ray discs in 1080p at 24 frames per second (fps) and a comptatible HDTV, your BDX2500 is the last piece of the puzzle you need to enjoy movies at the 24fps speed in which they were filmed, for a truly cinematic experience.
Most Blu-ray players these days can pass along 5.1 and 7.1 audio to your A/V receiver or HD television. One great feature of the BDX2500 is that it's got Dolby True-HD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoders built-in. Because your Blu-ray player has already done the decoding you don't need six inputs (in the case of 5.1 channel) or 8 inputs (in the case of 7.1 channel) on the receiving end. That means fewer cables, fewer hassles, a cleaner look and unsurpassed audio.
The look of your DVDs will be unsurpassed too. Your BDX2500 will upconvert and upscale them so they'll look almost as good as your Blu-ray discs. In fact, some of your friends might not be able to see the difference.
Do you have a Toshiba TV with REGZA Link? Well now you can use it because your BDX2500 has it too. REGZA Link is Toshiba's brand of the HDMI (CEC) standard. This enables you to control both devices from a single remote (either the Blu ray player's or the TV's). Now if one of the remotes slips between the couch cushions you can use the other one to control the entire system. The Toshiba BDX2500 Blu Ray Disc Player is the player you want when want all of the features of more-expensive players at a price you can afford.
- Full HD 1080p Video Output
- Full HD 1080p video output provides high-resolution HD images so you can take full advantage of your HDTV and the detail of Blu-ray disc video content. BD/DVD/CD and AVCHD compatibility lets you play your favorite Blu-ray disc movies, DVDs, audio CDs, and home movie AVCHD-format home movies on SD cards.
- Internet Connectivity Enhances Your Entertainment Experience
- Plugging in your BDX2500 into your broadband connection (or using the optional Wi-Fi adapter if you want to go wireless) gives you access to online content from Netflix, Blockbuster On Demand, Vudu, and Pandora possible. You can enjoy streaming movies, showing off your digital photo albums, and listening to your favorite music.
- Deep Color Means Amazing Color
- Your BDX2500 features an HDMI (ver. 1.3a) output with Deep Color processing, capable of reproducing exceptionally rich, vibrant colors, with smooth, detailed gradation and color banding. HDMI technology enables the player to carry the HD audio and video information through a single cable and achieving the highest quality picture and clearest sound available.
- 1080p Upconversion
- Your current DVD library will look even better than before, thanks to video upconversion. This feature increases the resolution of standard definition DVDs up to 1080p over an HDMI connection. The result is a picture that is less jagged and more realistic, producing a near high-definition experience.
- REGZA Link Capability
- Using the REGZA Link function, you'll be able to connect your BDX2500 to a compatible TV via an HDMI cable and operate both devices with a single remote control.
- Multi-Format Compatibility
- Full backward compatibility with DVDs and CDs and SD cards ensures that you can continue to enjoy your current audio-video collection. In addition, you can view JPEG digital pictures or listen to MP3 or WMA music files.
- AVCHD File Compatibility
- If you've got a high-definition video camcorder, the BDX2500 can play back HD-quality AVCHD format files recorded on SD card, DVD-R or DVD-RW.
- Processing decoding: Dolby TrueHD, Digital Plus / dts-HD Master Audio / Essential
- HDTV-ready progressive: Video upconversion to 720p, 1080i, 1080p, and 1080/24p
- Playable formats: Blu-ray Disc, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE / DVD-Video, DVD-R, DVD-RW / CD, CD-R, CD-RW, CD-DA / MP3, WMA, AVCHD
- Best video out: 1 HDMI (CEC)
- Best audio out: 1 digital optical out / 1 digital coaxial out
- Other outputs: 1 ColorStream Pro component-video / 1 RCA video / 1 S-video / 1 L/R audio / 2-ch analog audio
- Wireless-ready (requires additional WLM-10UB1 wireless LAN adapter)
- Access to top content partners including Netflix, Pandora, Cinema Now, and VUDU
- Remote control: Included
- BD-Live capable (Profile 2.0)
- Additional connectivity: 1 ethernet port / 1 SD/SDHC card slot
- Bonus View
- REGZA-LINK (HDMI-CEC)
- Digital Cinema Progressive (3:2 pulldown)
- Digital picture zoom
- Multi-camera angle select
- Multi-language select: English / French / Spanish
- Multi-subtitle select
- Deep Color
- Screen saver