After all, it's got an international 100 – 240 volt 50/60 Hz power supply and it can project video in the NTSC, PAL and SECAM standards. And speaking of international, its onscreen display (OSD) offers your choice of 21 languages.
The NP1200 is also compatible with a couple dozen Macintosh and PC resolution/sync rates. Its AutoSense feature intuitively syncs the projector with most computer signals and features one-touch image optimization. The NP1200 also does 720p and 1080i high definition. And the NP1200 can also display all modes of closed captioning from programming sources that provide closed captioning
With 3700 lumens of projection power at a 600:1 contrast ratio you might find yourself presenting in a large venue where the projector's five watt stereo speakers just aren't loud enough for you. If so, you can hook up (optional) external powered speakers to the NP1200's variable audio out jack and control their volume with the projector's remote control.
Speaking of remote control, you can plug your NP1200 into your LAN via its RJ45 jack and set it up for remote monitoring and management in just a few minutes. You can also have the projector email you when it detects error conditions or a lamp is nearing the end of its useful life.
We're not sure if the projector's Eco mode is short for ecological or economical because it helps save the environment while it saves you money. Eco mode allows for a lower power setting at a 12% reduction in brightness. Overall power draw drops from 393 Watts to 345 Watts while lamp life is extended by 50 percent from 2000 hours to 3000 hours. In addition, while in Standby mode, the projector is designed to consume only 12 watts of power. Optionally, you can even display carbon savings on the startup screen.
- 3700 Lumens And a 600:1 Contrast Ratio
- That's plenty of projection power for a medium to large room even if there's some ambient light like lights left on so viewers can take notes.
- Compatible With World Video and Power Standards
- The NP1200 can handle NTSC at standard (480i) and enhanced (480p) resolutions and it can handle HDTV (720p, 1080i) high definition. It can also accept PAL, PAL60, PAL-N, PAL-M and SECAM signals. And its 100 – 240 V AC 50/60 Hz power supply will work in most countries the world over.
- Advanced AccuBlend
- Ensures detailed images when non-native resolution sources are connected to the projector.
- Automatically syncs with any computer signal and features one-touch image optimization.
- Remote Diagnostics and Built-in HTTP Page
- Thanks to its RJ45 jack the NP1200 is network ready. Remote diagnostics enable you to monitor and make adjustments to the projector remotely. In fact, the projector has its own built-in HTTP page for control and monitoring over a LAN. And when the lamp is reaching the end of its useful life the projector can email you to let you know.
- Variable Audio Out
- VAO enables you to adjust the volume of (optional) self-powered external speakers that you can connect to the projector. In standby mode, the audio out feature stays active, allowing the last input used to pass audio to the self-powered external speakers.
- When You Don't Have a Screen Handy Use Wall Color Correction
- Sometimes you just don't have a screen and you have to use a blackboard or wall. With the NP1200 that's no problem. It can color correct for a whiteboard, blackboard, (gray) blackboard wall colors of light yellow, light green, light blue, sky blue, light rose and pink.
- ECO Mode Saves Money and Energy
- An onscreen carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup. A green ECO Mode button on the remote control makes the switch easy. Quick start (3 to 4 seconds) lets you begin presenting in seconds while quick shutdown (immediate power off with no cooling required after shutdown) ensures efficient energy usage. Power management enables the projector to automatically turn off when an incoming signal is not detected from any of the inputs. In standby mode the projector uses only 12 watts. Another money and energy (people's energy, that is): Filter life is three times longer than in previous generation models.
- Virtual Remote Over VGA Cable (DDC/CI)
- Install the included Virtual Remote Tool software and you can control the projector from your laptop with no other connection needed. You can power the projector on and off, move forward and backward in your presentation and so on using the onscreen virtual remote.
- Closed Captioning Includes Your Entire Audience
- Closed captioning was developed to make video more enjoyable and useful for the hard of hearing but it also comes in handy for people whose native language isn't English. CC is more complicated than you might think. Of course the programming source has to provide it but did you know there are many different channels of closed captioning? The NP1200 can handle all of them: CC1 (closed caption1, the most common channel), CC2, CC3, CC4, T1, T2, T3 and T4.
||LCD projector |
||Stereo speakers |
||15.7 in |
||14.1 in |
||5.9 in |
||16.3 lbs |
|Projector / Panel|
||3700 ANSI lumens |
|Image Contrast Ratio
||2 ft - 42 ft |
||2.4 ft - 69 ft |
||1.5 - 2.0:1 |
||XGA (1024 x 768) (native) / 1600 x 1200 (resized) |
|Max Sync Rate (V x H)
||120 Hz x 100 kHz |
||300 Watt |
|Lamp Life Cycle
||2000 hour(s) / 3000 hour(s) (economic mode) |
|Controls / Adjustments
||Keystone correction, zoom |
||Eco-Mode technology, AutoSense technology, Advanced AccuBlend technology, 3D Reform technology, Micro Lens Array (MLA) Technology, High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection System (HDCP), wall color correction, Hollywood Quality Video (HQV) |
|Projector Lens System|
||Standard lens |
|Keystone Correction Direction
||Horizontal, vertical |
|Vertical Keystone Correction
||-30 / +30 |
|Lens Shift Type
|Lens Shift Direction
||Horizontal, vertical |
|Vertical Lens Shift
|Horizontal Lens Shift
||10% / 10% |
|Data Link Protocol
|Analog Video Format
||NTSC, SECAM, PAL, PAL-N, PAL-M, NTSC 4.43, PAL 60 |
|Analog Video Signal
||RGB, S-Video, composite video, component video |
|Digital Video Standard
||Digital Visual Interface (DVI) |
||480p, 720p, 1080i, 480i, 576i, 576p |
|Analog Video Signal
||Speaker(s) - integrated |
|Sound Output Mode
|Output Power / Channel
||5 Watt |
||2 x right / left channel |
||Remote control - external - wireless |
|Movement Detection Technology
|Expansion / Connectivity|
||1 x VGA input - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) 1 x RGB input - BNC x 5 1 x DVI-D input - 24 pin digital DVI 1 x composite video input - RCA 1 x S-video input - 4 pin mini-DIN 1 x component video input - RCA x 3 2 x audio line-in - RCA x 2 1 x audio line-out - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm 1 x serial RS-232 - 9 pin D-Sub (DB-9) 1 x USB - 4 pin USB Type B 1 x network - RJ-45 1 x audio line-in - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm x 3 1 x stacking 1 x remote control - mini-phone 3.5 mm 1 x VGA output - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) |
||Lens cover |
||1 x remote control cable 1 x VGA cable |
||Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately), password protection, control panel lock, My Screen lock |
||FCC Class B certified, cUL, NOM, UL 1950, CSA 22.2 No. 950 |
||Power supply - internal |
||AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz ) |
|Power Consumption Operational
||393 Watt |
|Power Consumption Operational ( Standby )
||0.4 Watt |
|Service & Support
||3 years warranty |
|Service & Support Details
||Limited warranty - parts and labor - 3 years Limited warranty - lamp - 1 year |
|Min Operating Temperature
||41 °F |
|Max Operating Temperature
||104 °F |
|Humidity Range Operating
||20 - 80% |
||33 dB |
|Sound Emission (Economic Mode)
||30 dB |