Short throw projectors are ideal for smaller conference rooms, classrooms and living rooms. But with 2600 ANSI lumens of brightness at a 600:1 contrast ratio you can be sure the NP 610S works in larger rooms too.
Short throw lenses are often used in rear projection setups where space behind the screen is at a premium. For example the NP 610S can project an image that's 60 inches measured diagonally at 35 inches from the screen.
But the NP 610S can do lot more than make big pictures in tight spaces. For one thing, it can make them all over the world. It's got an international 100 - 240 volt 50/60 Hz power supply and it can project video in the NTSC, PAL and SECAM standards. And speaking of international, its onscreen display (OSD) offers your choice of 21 languages.
The NP 610S is also compatible with a couple dozen Macintosh and PC resolution/sync rates. Its Autosense feature intuitively syncs the projector with most computer signals and features one-touch image optimization. The NP 610S also does 720p and 1080i high definition.
If the projector's seven watt speaker isn't loud enough for you or you just want to listen to your program in stereo you can hook up (optional) external powered speakers to the NP 610S's variable audio out jack and control their volume with the projector's remote control.
Speaking of remote control, you can plug your NP 610S into your LAN via its RJ45 jack and set it up for remote monitoring and management in just a few minutes. You can also have the projector email you when it detects error conditions or a lamp is nearing the end of its useful life.
We're not sure if the projector's Eco mode is short for ecological or economical because it helps save the environment while it saves you money. Eco Mode allows for a lower power setting at a 30% reduction in brightness. Lamp power draw drops from 230 Watts to 170 Watts while life is extended by 25 percent from 4000 hours to 5000 hours. In addition, while in Eco standby mode, the projector is designed to consume only 0.6 watts of power. Optionally, you can even display carbon savings on the startup screen.
- 2600 Lumens And a 600:1 Contrast Ratio
- That's plenty of projection power for a medium to large room even if there's some ambient light like lights left on so viewers can take notes.
- Short Throw Lens
- Whether you are in a small media room or a large boardroom the NP 610S's short throw lens gives you the flexibility to easily position the projector. Large screen projection is possible in any room and the short throw lens (0.74:1 throw ratio) can project an image from as close as 35 inches and as far away as 66 inches.
- Compatible With World Video and Power Standards
- The NP 610S can handle NTSC at standard (480i) and enhanced (480p) resolutions and it can handle HDTV (720p, 1080i) high definition. It can also accept PAL, PAL60, PAL-N, PAL-M and SECAM signals. And its 100 – 240 V AC 50/60 Hz power supply will work in most countries the world over.
- Advanced AccuBlend
- Ensures detailed images when non-native resolution sources are connected to the projector.
- Automatically syncs with any computer signal and features one-touch image optimization.
- Remote Diagnostics and Built-in HTTP Page
- Thanks to its RJ45 jack the NP 610S is network ready. Remote diagnostics enable you to monitor and make adjustments to the projector remotely. In fact, the projector has its own built-in HTTP page for control and monitoring over a LAN. The projector can email notification of error messages or lamp end-of-life can be sent to remote locations.
- Variable Audio Out
- VAO enables you to adjust the volume of (optional) self-powered external speakers that you can connect to the projector. In stand-by mode, the audio out feature stays active, allowing the last input used to pass audio to the self-powered external speakers.
- When You Don't Have a Screen Handy Use Wall Color Correction
- Sometimes you just don't have a screen and you have to use a blackboard or wall. With the NP 610S that's no problem. It can color correct for a whiteboard, blackboard, (gray) blackboard wall colors of light yellow, light green, light blue, sky blue, light rose and pink.
- ECO Mode Saves Money and Energy
- An onscreen carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup. A green ECO Mode button on the remote control makes the switch easy. Quick start (3 to 4 seconds) lets you begin presenting in seconds while quick shutdown (immediate power off with no cooling required after shutdown) ensures efficient energy usage. Power management enables the projector to automatically turn off when an incoming signal is not detected from any of the inputs. In standby mode the projector uses only 0.6 watts. Another money and energy (people's energy, that is): Filter life is three times longer than in previous generation models.
- Virtual Remote Over VGA Cable (DDC/CI)
- Install the included Virtual Remote Tool software and you can control the projector from your laptop with no other connection needed. You can power the projector on and off, move forward and backward in your presentation and so on using the onscreen virtual remote.
- Closed Captioning Includes Your Entire Audience
- Closed captioning was developed to make video more enjoyable and useful for the hard of handy but it also comes in handy for people whose native language isn't English. CC is more complicated than you might think. Of course the programming source has to provide it but did you know there are many different channels of closed captioning? The NP 610S can handle all of them: CC1 (closed caption1, the most common channel), CC2, CC3, CC4, T1, T2, T3 and T4.
||LCD projector |
||12.1 in |
||11.5 in |
||5.1 in |
||7.3 lbs |
|Projector / Panel|
||2600 ANSI lumens |
|Image Contrast Ratio
||5 ft - 9 ft |
||3 ft - 5.5 ft |
||XGA (1024 x 768) (native) / 1920 x 1080 (resized) |
|Native Aspect Ratio
|Max Sync Rate (V x H)
||120 Hz x 100 kHz |
||230 Watt |
|Lamp Life Cycle
||4000 hour(s) / 5000 hour(s) (economic mode) |
|Controls / Adjustments
||Keystone correction |
||Eco-Mode technology, AutoSense technology, Advanced AccuBlend technology, VORTEX Technology Plus, 3D Reform technology, High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection System (HDCP) |
|Projector Lens System|
|Keystone Correction Direction
|Vertical Keystone Correction
||-20 / +20 |
|Analog Video Format
||NTSC, SECAM, PAL, PAL-N, PAL-M, NTSC 4.43, PAL 60 |
|Analog Video Signal
||RGB, S-Video, composite video, component video |
|Digital Video Standard
||Digital Visual Interface (DVI) |
||480p, 720p, 1080i, 480i, 576i, 576p |
|Analog Video Signal
||Speaker(s) - integrated |
|Sound Output Mode
|Output Power / Channel
||7 Watt |
||1 x mixed channel |
||Remote control - external - wireless |
|Expansion / Connectivity|
||1 x VGA / component video input - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) 1 x VGA output - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) 1 x composite video input - RCA 1 x S-video input - 4 pin mini-DIN 2 x audio line-in - mini-phone 3.5 mm 1 x DVI-I input - 29 pin combined DVI 1 x audio line-in - RCA x 2 1 x audio line-out - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm 1 x serial RS-232 - 9 pin D-Sub (DB-9) ( management ) 1 x network - RJ-45 ( management ) |
||Lens cover |
||Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately) |
||CE, TUV GS, RoHS, GOST-R |
||Power supply - internal |
||AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz ) |
|Power Consumption Operational
||294 Watt |
|Power Consumption Operational ( Standby )
||0.7 Watt |
|Service & Support
||3 years warranty |
|Service & Support Details
||Limited warranty - 3 years Limited warranty - lamp - 6 months / 1000 hours |
||35 dB |
|Sound Emission (Economic Mode)