The XGA resolution NEC NP610 Digital Installation Projector is what's called an "installation" projector because it's meant to be permanently installed in a home, office or classroom. So why did NEC include a carrying case with it? We think it's because they know this powerful professional is so versatile it will often be pressed into serving in more than one location. After all, it's got an international 100 – 240 volt 50/60 Hz power supply and it can project video in the NTSC, PAL and SECAM standards. And speaking of international, its onscreen display (OSD) offers your choice of 21 languages.
The NP610 is also compatible with a couple dozen Macintosh and PC resolution/sync rates. Its Autosense feature intuitively syncs the projector with most computer signals and features one-touch image optimization. The NP610 also does 720p and 1080i high definition. And it projects them, as it does with all of its inputs, with 3500 lumens of brightness and a contrast ratio of 500:1.
This projector also decodes and displays closed-captioning information from programming that provides it, benefiting those in your audience with hearing impairment. It helps everyone understand difficult dialog. If the projector's seven watt speaker isn't loud enough for you or you just want to listen to your program in stereo you can hook up (optional) external powered speakers to the NP610's variable audio out jack and control their volume with the projector's remote control.
Speaking of remote control, you can plug your NP610 into your LAN via its RJ45 jack and set it up for remote monitoring and management in just a few minutes. You can also have the projector email you when it detects error conditions or a lamp is nearing the end of its useful life.
We're not sure if the projector's Eco mode is short for ecological or economical because it helps save the environment while it saves you money. Eco mode allows for a lower power setting at a 30% reduction in brightness. Overall power draw drops from 312 Watts to 237 Watts while lamp life is extended by 25 percent from 4000 hours to 5000 hours. In addition, while in Eco standby mode, the projector is designed to consume only 0.6 watts of power. Optionally, you can even display carbon savings on the startup screen.
- 3500 Lumens And a 500:1 Contrast Ratio
- That's plenty of projection power for a medium to large room even if there's some ambient light like lights left on so viewers can take notes.
- Compatible With World Video and Power Standards
- The NP610 can handle NTSC at standard (480i) and enhanced (480p) resolutions and it can handle HDTV (720p, 1080i) high definition. It can also accept PAL, PAL60, PAL-N, PAL-M and SECAM signals. And its 100 – 240 V AC 50/60 Hz power supply will work in most countries the world over.
- Advanced AccuBlend
- Ensures detailed images when non-native resolution sources are connected to the projector.
- Automatically syncs with any computer signal and features one-touch image optimization.
- Remote Diagnostics and Built-in HTTP Page
- Thanks to its RJ45 jack the NP610 is network ready. Remote diagnostics enable you to monitor and make adjustments to the projector remotely. In fact, the projector has its own built-in HTTP page for control and monitoring over a LAN. And when the lamp is reaching the end of its useful life the projector can email you to let you know.
- Variable Audio Out
- VAO enables you to adjust the volume of (optional) self-powered external speakers that you can connect to the projector. In standby mode, the audio out feature stays active, allowing the last input used to pass audio to the self-powered external speakers.
- When You Don't Have a Screen Handy Use Wall Color Correction
- Sometimes you just don't have a screen and you have to use a blackboard or wall. With the NP610 that's no problem. It can color correct for a whiteboard, blackboard, (gray) blackboard wall colors of light yellow, light green, light blue, sky blue, light rose and pink.
- ECO Mode Saves Money and Energy
- An onscreen carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup. A green ECO Mode button on the remote control makes the switch easy. Quick start (3 to 4 seconds) lets you begin presenting in seconds while quick shutdown (immediate power off with no cooling required after shutdown) ensures efficient energy usage. Power management enables the projector to automatically turn off when an incoming signal is not detected from any of the inputs. In standby mode the projector uses only 0.6 watts. Another money and energy (people's energy, that is): Filter life is three times longer than in previous generation models.
- Virtual Remote Over VGA Cable (DDC/CI)
- Install the included Virtual Remote Tool software and you can control the projector from your laptop with no other connection needed. You can power the projector on and off, move forward and backward in your presentation and so on using the onscreen virtual remote.
- Closed Captioning Includes Your Entire Audience
- Closed captioning was developed to make video more enjoyable and useful for the hard of hearing but it also comes in handy for people whose native language isn't English. CC is more complicated than you might think. Of course the programming source has to provide it but did you know there are many different channels of closed captioning? The NP610 can handle all of them: CC1 (closed caption1, the most common channel), CC2, CC3, CC4, T1, T2, T3 and T4.
|Projector Display System
||0.63" LCD With MLA |
||XGA (1024 x 768) |
|Number of Pixels
||NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N, PAL-60, SECAM |
||720p, 1080i |
||F = 1.7 – 2.07, f = 18.9 – 22.7 mm |
||Manual/Manual 1.2x |
|Recommended Projection Size
||21 – 300" |
||Automatic or Manual ±30° |
|Rear Screen Projection
|Projection Tilt Option
||Maximum 10° Recommended |
||7 Watt x 1 |
||RGB Analog (15 Pin) x 1|
RGB (DVI-I With HDCP) x 1
Video (RCA) x 1
S-Video x 1
Audio (L/R Shared by Video Sources) x 1
Audio (1/8" Stereo) x 2
Control (RS-232) x 1
Control (RJ45) x 1
||Variable Audio Out (Mini Stereo) |
||HTTP, DDC/CI |
||230 Watt AC |
||29 dB Eco|
35 dB Normal
||IR Wireless |
||100 – 240 V AC, 50/60 |
||12.1 x 3.7 x 10.3" (308 x 93.5 x 262mm) |
||6.6 lb (3 kg) |