The Epson PowerLite 460 Ultra Short Throw Multimedia Projector has a native resolution of XGA (1024 x 768) at a 4:3 aspect ratio with 3000 ISO lumens at a 2000:1 contrast ratio.
But what does the "ultra short throw" part of its name mean? An ultra short throw lens, simply put, can project a larger picture at a shorter distance from the screen than a conventional lens can. They're ideal for smaller conference rooms, classrooms and living rooms.
But an ultra short throw projector like the 460 is just as useful in large rooms. Its many benefits include optimizing available space, flexibility for intimate or large environments, more room for presenter and audience, shadow free presentations, and no direct glare from the projector's light. The 460 is also great for rear projection setups where space behind the screen may be at a premium.
In fact, the 460 even comes with its own wall mount, usually an extra-cost option. It can be installed directly above the screen, mounting the projector as close as 2.5 inches from the wall. From only 18 inches away the 460 can project an image up to five feet across measured diagonally.
The 460 is flexible in other ways too. It can project video in the NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N, PAL-60 and SECAM standards and it can decode closed captioning from program sources that provide it.
The 460 has two USB drives. You can use one to instantly set up a connection between the projector and a PC or Mac without needing a bulky VGA Cable. With the other USB jack you can give JPEG slide shows from a flash drive or other USB device.
This projector also has an RJ-45 jack so you can control it and make presentations remotely. There's even an optional 802.11 g/b/a module for wireless connectivity.
Despite its versatility and strong feature set the 460 is economical to operate. Watt for watt its 3LCD imaging panel uses about 25 percent less power per lumen than DLP imagers do. And in ECO mode the Epson-exclusive E-TORL lamp, which can cost hundreds less than competing brands, can last up to 3,500 hours before needing to be replaced.
- 3000 ISO Lumens at a 2000:1 Contrast Ratio
- The 460 projects an image bright enough to punch through the ambient light required to let your audience take notes. And white light output is measured using the ISO 21118 standard, a more rigid standard than the outdated ANSI lumens rating used by competitive products.
- 3LCD Technology
- The latest 3LCD, 3-chip technology delivers amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations. And it saves you money too. In contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness.
- Ultra Short Throw Projector
- "Ultra short throw" describes a projector that can project a large image at just a short distance from the screen. For example, in 16:9 mode the 460 can project a large five foot diagonally measured image from just 18 inches away from the screen. This means that the projector, while possessing the projection and audio power for a large room, works well in small rooms too.
- Space Saving Design
- The use of an ultra short throw lens makes it possible to move the projector from the center of the classroom or meeting room, to a spot closer to the screen—as close as 2.5 inches! Ultra short throw projectors are also ideal for rear projection setups where space behind the screen is at a premium.
- Wall Mount Included
- Wall mounts are usually extra-cost options. Not with the 460. The included wall mount makes installation and operation easier than ever. The projector can be mounted on the wall directly above the screen, freeing up more room space and eliminating the possibility of the presenter blocking the image with his or her shadow.
- USB Plug 'n Play Instant Setup
- Instantly projects images from a Windows PC or Mac via a USB connection, allowing for easier set up and eliminating the hassle of dealing with bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer keys.
- PC-Free Presentations
- Offers convenient connectivity with USB memory devices such as flash drives for easily viewing and sharing JPEG pictures without a computer.
- Microphone Input
- Dedicated input allows you to use a microphone to amplify you voice using the internal 10 watt speaker, saving your voice and ensuring your entire audience can hear. Volume can be adjusted using the projector or remote control buttons.
- Extended Lamp Life
- Using Epson's exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, lamp life can extend up to 3,500 hours in economy mode, and replacement E-TORL lamps can cost up to $200 less than competing replacement lamps.
- Ten Watt Built-In Speaker Plus Variable Audio Out (VAO)
- This projector's ten watt speaker can fill many rooms with enough volume so that the folks in the farthest corners of the room can hear it. But just in case you need a greater sound volume you can plug in externally-powered speakers (available separately). That's the "audio out" part. The "variable" part means that you can use the projector's remote control to change the volume or mute the sound entirely.
- Closed Captioning
- Essential for education—helps meet ADA 508 requirements for students with hearing impairments.
- Helps save money—no need to pay for an additional decoder and its installation.
- Effective and easy to use—easily enabled or disabled through the projector remote or menu.
- Also comes in handy for those learning English as a second language or when you have to present in a noisy environment.
|Projector Display System
||Epson 3LCD, 3-chip Optical Engine |
||XGA (1024 x 768) |
|Number of Pixels
||NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N, PAL-60, SECAM |
||F = 1.80 f = 4.68 mm |
||Manual/Digital 1.35x |
|Recommended Projection Size
||4:3 63 – 102"|
16:10 60 – 96"
16:9 60 – 93"
||Vertical: ±50 Degrees |
|Rear Screen Projection
|Projection Tilt Option
||Not Specified By Manufacturer |
||10 Watt x 1 |
||Computer/Component Video (D-Dub 15 Pin) x 2|
S-video (Mini DIN) x 1
Composite video (RCA) x 1
Audio (Stereo Mini Jack) x 2
Audio (RCA L/R Pair) x 1
Microphone x 1
USB Type A (USB Memory Device) x 1
USB Type B (USB Display, Mouse, Keyboard Interface) x 1
Wireless Port 802.11 a/b/g (Optional Module Sold Separately) x 1
||Monitor Out (D-Sub 15 Pin) x 1 |
Variable Audio Out (Stereo Mini Jack) x 1
||RS-232c x 1|
RJ-45 (Also For Remote Presentation) x 1
||Not Specified By Manufacturer |
||E-TORL 230 W UHE |
||28 dB ECO Mode|
35 dB Normal Mode
||IR Wireless (Includes Pointer, Mouse Features and Other Functions) |
||100 – 240 V AC ±10%, 50/60 |
||22.8 x 13.1 x 31.3" (579.12 x 332.74 795.02 mm) |
||51.2 lb (23.22 kg)|