The Canon REALiS SX800 is the latest in Canon's line of high-performance projectors featuring LCOS panels, a technology well-known for crisp, clean images devoid of the "screen-door" effect and artifacts of other systems. Combined with AISYS, a light engine specifically designed to link with and fuel the needs of these panels, the SX800 exhibits unbeatable brightness, contrast and expanded color space.
The SXGA+ display offers high resolution (1400x1050) yielding superb image quality; a perfect match for the new standard of wide-screen computers. The projector's 3000 ANSI lumens of brightness is more than adequate to meet the challenge of the most difficult ambient light situations.
One of the reasons for Canon's position as a giant in the industry, is the manufacture of fine optics and their many years of experience are brought to bear in the 1.5x powered autofocus zoom lens, featuring a 12 element/six group construction, enhanced by aspheric design. The result is superb edge-to-edge sharpness across the image field. A 10:0 lens offset maintains the optical center of the lens when the projector is tilted up and sidesteps the deleterious effects of key-stoning.
The SX800 is compatible with wide variety of image input sources, each paired with an audio input. Switching the image source automatically links it with the corresponding audio source. As a further convenience, when powering up, Auto Setup selects the active input and sets the vertical keystone correction.
High Quality Projection
- • 1400 x 1050 resolution is ideal for the projection of finely detailed data such as photos, text and drawings as well as crisp, vivid video
- • SXGA+ display reproduces wide-screen, PC-based data as is, with no unsightly distortion or loss of quality due to compressing the image
LCOS Technology with AISYS
- • 3000 lumens, delivers images that are bright enough to overwhelm even high levels of room-light
- • AISYS stands for Aspectual Illumination System, an extremely efficient light engine developed by Canon, that made possible the use of LCOS (Liquid Crystal On Silicon) panels in their projectors. AISYS combined with LCOS means higher resolution images without flickering or "screen door" effects, quick moving-image response, smooth rendition of fine lines and crisp display small text
- • 1.5x zoom lens, with a 12 element/6 group construction, employs aspheric design to ensure superb edge-to-edge sharpness across the image area. A 10:0 lens offset compensates for tilt and helps prevent keystone distortion
- • Auto Setup selects the active input and sets the vertical keystone correction
- • Automatic Vertical Keystone Correction lets you project a perfect image by correcting for keystone distortion of +/- 20°.
- • Use for front or rear-projection on a tabletop or ceiling mounted with an optional ceiling mount adapter.
- • Seen but not heard: the SX80 runs at 31dB in quiet mode and at 35dB in standard mode
|Projector Display System
||.6" LCOS (3) |
||SXGA+ (1400 x 1050) |
||3000 Lumens |
||Native 4:3 |
||Up to 720p |
||1.5x Powered Focus/Zoom Lens (F1.95 - 2.6, f=16.6 - 24.8mm) |
|Recommended Projection Size
||40 to 300" screen (diagonal) from 3.9 to 29.9' away |
||+/- 20 degrees vertical correction (Auto/Manual) |
|Rear Screen Projection
||1W (Mono) |
Component (5BNC) x1
3.5mm Audio x3
||Audio: 3.5mm Stereo x1 |
||230W NSH (AC) |
Lamp life of 2000 hours (normal mode), 2500 hours (economy mode)
||35dB Normal Mode, 31dB Quiet Mode |
||100-240VAC, 50/60Hz |
||13 x 4.8 x 13.4" (332 x 121 x 340mm) |
||11 lbs (5kg)|