The Mackie VLZ3 series are the latest in the popular VLZ line of small format mixing consoles. The VLZ3 is an improvement on the favored design with enhanced XDR2 microphone preamplifiers, an ultra quiet mix bus with improved headroom and a new look.
The1604-VLZ3 provides the quality and features that target most recording, P.A. and live applications. The Popular 1604-VLZ3 features sixteen line inputs, switchable between balanced and unbalanced signal. Sixteen insert points are standard and provide plenty of routing options to external signal processors. The 1604-VLZ3 features Extended Dynamic Range (XDR2) mic preamps that result in pristine, transparent audio signal at an impressive 130dB of Dynamic Range. XDR2 mic preamps are optimized to meet the demands of 24-bit, 192kHz recording.
The rugged design and steel chassis virtually eliminates noise caused from poorly shielded cable and ground loops. The 3-band EQ section features a sweepable mid range and four AUX sends provide options for routing signal to effect processors. Four dedicated buses and eight direct outputs provide plenty of routable outputs for sending signal to multitrack recorders, monitor feeds etc.
- • Improved XDR2 Microphone Preamplifiers
- Featuring four improved XDR2 microphone preamps provide an impressive 130dB of Dynamic range. The microphone preamps deliver a wider frequency range than the older XDR mic preamps.
- • Improved Mix Bus
- All VLZ3 series mixers have more headroom and less distortion thanks to an improved mix bus. Negative Summing results in a quiet output signal with improved gain
- • Durable 60mm Fader Control
- 60mm tapered faders control Channel, "Sub Group 1-4" and "Main Mix" level.
- • Rugged Construction
- All steel construction virtually eliminates noise caused by bad grounding. Because the chassis is steel, connections are automatically grounded on contact.
- • Flexible Routing Options
- The 1604-VLZ3 PRO provides Inserts on all channels and "Main Mix" out. There are 8 direct outputs on channels 1-8 and 4-direct Sub-Groups for routing input channels to multitrack recorders, monitor feeds etc.
- • Switchable Soloing
- There is switchable "Post Fader" and "Pre Fader" SOLO provided on every channel. The AFL/PFL SOLO switch is located in the master section.
Total # Of Inputs
16 - Balanced 1/4" TRS Phone Inputs
- Mic/Line Inputs
- 16 - Balanced XLR Mic Inputs, 16 - Balanced 1/4" TRS Phone Inputs
- Stereo Line Inputs
- In-Line Inputs/Returns
- AUX Sends
- 6 - Balanced/Unbalanced switchable 1/4" TRS Phone
- AUX Returns
- 4 - Stereo (L/R) Balanced/Unbalanced switchable 1/4" TRS Phone
- 16 - 1/4" TRS Phone Pre-Fader/Pre EQ
- BUS (Group) Outputs
- 4 - Balanced/Unbalanced 1/4" TRS Phone - Bus Outputs
- 2 Trk Master I/O
- Main Output Stereo L/R - Balanced 1/4" TRS Phone, Mono 1/4" Phone output with gain control
- ALT I/O
- Tape Input/Output L/R RCA-pin
- Monitor Outputs
- Control Room L/R Balanced 1/4" TRS Phone Phones Single 1/4" TRS Phone
- EQ Section
- HI Shelving +/- 15dB @12kHz
MID Peaking +/- 15dB, sweep 100Hz - 8kHz
LOW Shelving +/- 15dB @80Hz
Low Cut Filter 18dB/octave, -3dB @ 75Hz
- MUTE switches on channels 1-16 SOLO (pre/post fader switchable) on channels 1-16
- Channel Level Control
- 60mm long-wearing log-taper faders
- Trim/Gain Control
- Unity to +60dB
- Phantom Power
- 12 - segment peak LED's with "RUDE SOLO" light
- Frequency Response
- 20Hz to 60kHz: +0 dB/-1 dB
20Hz to 100kHz: +0 dB/-3 dB
- Dynamic Range
- 130dB Dynamic Range
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- -100dBu; Main Mix knob down, channel Gain knobs down
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
- (1kHz @ 35dB gain, 20Hz-20 kHz bandwidth)
Mic pre @ insert: 0.0007%
- Power Supply
- 120VAC, 50/60Hz, 50 watts
- 17.5 x 17.3 x 5.1" (45 x 34408 x 129mm) (H x W x D)
- 20 lbs (9.1 kg)