The Allen & Heath GL series live sound reinforcement consoles exhibit the quality and detail synonymous with consoles that would render some live sound rigs over budget. The GL2800 is available in a 24, 32, 40, 48 and 56 input chassis to accommodate any mid-range sound reinforcement application.
The GL2800-32 is the 32 input version, complete with 32 line inputs, 32 microphone preamplifiers and 8-buss group routing. There is absolutely no shortage of routing possibilities with four dedicated stereo input channels, 10 auxiliary sends and a 12x4 routing Matrix section. Also featured are 1/4" phone TRS inserts on all input channels, auxiliary sends and stereo master output. Direct outputs via 1/4" phone connectors are provided on every input channel, enabling input signal to be routed directly to multitrack recorders, monitor mixers, etc.
Each input channel features a 4-band semi-parametric EQ, complete with In/Out switch. A HPF filter switch attenuates frequencies below 100Hz by 12dB per octave. The main output section consists of Left, Right and Mono outputs via balanced 3-pin male XLR connections. The combination of stereo and mono outputs allows the engineer to mix a stereo image while sending mono signals to subs or a separate center (or "C") channel mix.
The Allen & Heath GL2800 is a budget conscious, work-horse sound-reinforcement mixer designed to meet the needs in large clubs, houses-of-worship, theaters, halls, outdoor band shells, rehearsal studios, recording studios and anywhere a large format, quality sound-reinforcement mixer is needed.
- • Outstanding Performance
- Allen & Heath circuitry provides exceptionally low residual noise from the mix head amplifier and output stages. Improved microphone preamplifiers maintain low noise and can except as much as +34dBu.
- • Stereo Line Inputs
- Four dedicated stereo input channels provide dual L/R stereo line inputs, for a total of four stereo line level inputs.
- • Direct Microphone Outputs
- Both stereo input channels also feature a mono microphone input with a standard 3-pin balanced XLR connection and a 1/4" phone microphone output. The microphone output is convenient for feeding ambient microphone signal to recorders, RTA measurement systems, etc.
- • 12x4 Matrix Routing
- The 12x4 Matrix is literally a mixer within a mixer. 4 output channels feature independent output level control and signal routing from any of the 8-sub groups, L/R stereo or Matrix External inputs (12x4). Applications include assisted listening mixes, additional monitor mixes, remote broadcasts, zone feeds, mono recording and stereo recording comps.
- • 10 Auxiliary Sends
- 10 auxiliary sends provide adequate routing to external effects devices, monitors, etc.
- • 8-Sub Group Outputs
- 8-sub groups are ideal for drum kit and background vocal comps. Individual channel feeds can be routed to multitrack recorders as well.
- • Inserts
- 1/4" TRS phone inserts are located on all input channels, stereo mix output and sub-groups. The inserts enable direct, signal-loop routing to signal processors, monitor mixers, etc.
- • Direct Outputs
- All input channels feature a direct output with a 1/4" phone connection. This allows for direct routing to large multitrack recorders, monitor mixers, etc.
- • System Link
- An optional card provides the 37 pin D connectors necessary for integrating an additional GL2800. The Sys-Link allows the second mixer to operate as an input expander module.
- • Gooseneck Lamp Connections
- Dual 4-pin male connections are provided for adapting gooseneck lamps.
|Total # Of Inputs
||32 Line: 1/4" Phone |
32 Mic: 3-pin XLR
|Stereo Line Inputs
||4 Stereo: L/R 1/4" Phone |
||10 Aux Sends: 1/4" Phone |
||32 Line: TRS 1/4" Phone |
8 Group: TRS 1/4" Phone
2 Stereo Out: TRS 1/4" Phone
|BUS (Group) Outputs
||8 Group Outputs: Balanced 3-pin XLR |
|2 Trk Master I/O
||Main Outputs: Left / Right / Mono (sub) Balanced 3-pin XLR |
2Trk In: L/R 1/4" Phone
2Trk Out: L/R 1/4" Phone
4 EXT In: 1/4" Phone
4 MTX: 1/4" Phone
||Monitor Out: L/R 1/4" Phone |
||Gain (each band): +/- 15dB|
Low: Shelf 80Hz
Low Mid: 35Hz - 1kHz Q=1.8
High Mid: 500Hz - 15kHz Q=1.8
High: Shelf 12kHz
Stereo Channels - Low: Shelf 80Hz
Low Mid: 250Hz Q=1.8
High Mid: 2.5kHz Q=1.8
High: Shelf 12kHz
||Mute / PFL on all channels |
|Channel Level Control
||100mm faders |
||Sealed Rotary Potentiometers |
||+48V Phantom Power (all mono channels) |
||3 Color quasi peak meters |
||20Hz to 50kHz +/-0.5dB |
||Not Specified By Manufacturer |
||(22Hz to 22kHz unweighted)|
Mic EIN with 150ohm source: -128dB
Residual output noise main outputs: < -96dBu
|Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
||THD + Noise (mic In +14dB gain): < 0.003% |
||External RPS11 linear, IEC input |
Input for second RPS11 as backup supply
||46.1 x 6.7 x 25.6" (1171 x 168 x 650mm) |
||77 lbs (35 kg) |