The Panasonic PT-AE4000U HD LCD Home Cinema Projector is a videophile home theater projector like no other. It's got just about every feature you'd want in a home projector. More than a dozen EDTV and HDTV modes Check. PAL, NTSC and SECAM Check. Progressive Cinema Scan with 3/2 Pulldown Check. Seven picture modes Check. Backlit wireless remote Check. Super-quiet 22dB Eco mode Check. HDMI CEC with Deep Color and x.v.Color Check. Auto input search Check. 100 to 240 V AC power supply Check. We could go on and on but you get the point.
Panasonic PTAE4000U Description:
The PT-AE4000U has every feature you'd expect in a high end home projector and a few you wouldn't. In Split Adjust Mode you can freeze a frame, and split it into two reflecting pictures, so you can compare how your picture adjustments, shown on one side, compare to the original picture, shown on the other.
If you're particularly demanding you'll appreciate the Waveform Monitor. You can view superimposed onscreen the waveforms of the image being projected for automatic or manual adjustment. In a like vein you can take advantage of the Advanced Gamma Adjustment function, which allows precise picture adjustment with a graph superimposed on the picture.
Many advanced projectors have a 12 volt trigger output to activate a motorized screen. But this projector has two. They'll come in handy even if you have a fixed screen because you can use them to dim the lights and adjust curtains to match the aspect ratio of the movie you're showing among other options.
You might expect such a powerful, versatile projector to be an energy guzzler like a luxury automobile. But the PT-AE4000U intelligently determines the power it needs when the dynamic iris is operating, lowering power consumption as much as 10 percent. It also has an off timer that reduces wasteful power consumption. And in standby mode it draws a mere 0.08 a watt of power.
Is the PT-AE4000U the projector of your dreams Maybe. If you dream big enough.
Panasonic PTAE4000U Features:
- 1600 Lumens With New Red-Rich Lamp
- That's serious projection power for a serious home theater projector. Prior to the development of the Red-Rich Lamp, much brightness was lost to attain the desired color purity/balance for the rich color reproduction of Cinema Picture modes due to the lack of red luminance. The newly engineered lamp successfully adds red luminance, and enables the projector to produce brighter images with excellent colors. With the ability to produce a stunning brightness of 1600 lumens, the PT-AE4000U unleashes the beauty of full-HD expression for viewing on various screen sizes
- New Pure Contrast Plates Deliver High 100,000:1 Contrast Ratio
- The Pure Contrast Plates in the PT-AE4000U use a newly engineered crystalline material that is carefully matched to the characteristics of the LCD panels to effectively correct the passage of light exiting the panels. This enables the projector to block unwanted light leakage and successfully increases the dynamic range. It works together with the dynamic iris to achieve an astounding contrast ratio of 100,000:1.
- Full-HD Optimized Optical System
- To assure maximum clarity and sharpness in full-HD images, this advanced optical system employs a full-HD-optimized lens unit comprising 16 lens elements in 12 groups, including two large-diameter aspherical lenses and two high-performance ED (extralow dispersion) lenses. Each lens is carefully aligned to assure a uniform focusing balance from the centre to the edges of the screen. As a result, the PT-AE4000U produces stunningly clear and beautiful images
- Pure Color Filter Pro for Rich, Vibrant Colors
- The optical filter optimizes the light spectrum from the UHM projector lamp, helping to produce deeper blacks while improving purity levels in the three primary colors (red, green and blue). This advanced filter system improves color purity to cover a range that extends from the HDTV standard (Color 1 mode) to the color gamut used in digital cinema. This gives images the deep, rich coloring that distinguishes movie images.
- Smooth Screen Technology Creates Film-Like Texture
- While many LCD projectors suffer from a "chicken wire" effect, Panasonic's pursuit of the highest possible image quality has successfully overcome this device limitation through the incorporation of Smooth Screen technology. This uses the double refraction property of crystals to arrange pixels on a screen with no gaps between them. Smooth Screen technology is designed to give you the kind of smooth, vivid, and three-dimensional like images you see in movie theaters
- Dynamic Iris Adds Beauty to Both Dark and Bright Scenes
- The fifth generation intelligent iris system works by analyzing the brightness level of each image using a histogram, then adjusting the lamp power, iris and gamma curve accordingly to create the ideal image. The adjustments are made virtually frame by frame. This helps the projector achieve a wide dynamic range with swift smoothness for added beauty in both dark and bright scenes.
- Full-HD LCD Panels Enhance Motion Response
- The PT-AE4000U's full-HD LCD panels have a double-speed drive capability that improves the projection clarity of moving images. These high-precision panels use vertically aligned liquid crystal molecules with inorganic alignment layers. When no voltage is applied, the molecules are aligned perpendicular to the glass substrate, so there is minimal light leakage and the substrate remains black (called "normally black" operation), providing higher contrast.
- Detail Clarity Processor 3 Gives Natural Clarity to Even the Finest Details
- This digital image processing circuit brings greater clarity and sharpness to details, by reproducing fine nuances that were lost due to image compression. After a two dimensional analysis of the video signal's frequency in each scene, the new circuit optimizes the sharpness of each image portion based on the extracted information. The resulting images have a more natural, lifelike expression than those of previous image-processing methods. The detection of super-high-frequency image scenes in sports and action movies enables more faithful reproduction of highly detailed information, such as the film grain in movies. The effect can be adjusted in nine steps. For 24p signal input, three frames are calculated and interpolated for each existing frame, to enable 4x speed (96-Hz) display. There are four modes (mode 1, mode 2, mode 3, and off) to choose from. The effect is more pronounced as you ascend through the modes, to provide crisp, clear images to your liking.
- Waveform Monitor for Precise Calibration
- When the output level of the source device fluctuates due to the performance of the device or its cable connections, the original black and white levels of the image content cannot be reproduced. With the PT-AE4000U you can view the waveforms on the screen and adjust the settings automatically or manually as you prefer.
- 16 Bit Gamma Correction for Natural Gradations
- The PT-AE4000U handles up to 16-bit (full 12-bit) digital image processing. It faithfully reproduces even subtle hues and brightness variations.
- Advanced Gamma Adjustment Function
- The gamma curve can be flexibly controlled, allowing precise calibration according to the signal source and environment. Brightness (Y), R, G and B can each be adjusted at any of nine points. Adjustment point positions can be shifted both horizontally and vertically to bring out the desired gradation level.
- New Cinema Color Management Premium Enables Flexible Color Control
- This color correction system enables free color control in two different modes. The Point Color Correction mode lets you pick a point in the image and adjust that color without affecting the neighboring colors, so it is easy to get just the right color equalization in hue, luminance and saturation. The Six Color Correction mode enables independent adjustment of red, green, blue, cyan, magenta and yellow.
- Split Adjust Mode for Easy Picture Adjustment
- You can freeze any scene you wish, and then make adjustments while easily comparing the original image and the adjusted image side-by-side.
- Intelligent Lens Memory with Auto Detection
- Up to six settings can be stored in the Lens Memory, including zoom and focus positions for projecting in the normal 16:9 or 4:3 image ratio, and wide cinema projection settings. These memories can be recalled manually or can be set for automatic switching. The projector is able to detect 2.35:1 and 16:9 source and retrieve the stored setting automatically. This Lens Memory function lets you easily enjoy images with different image ratios on a wide 2.35:1 screen for an immersive movie theatre-like experience.
- VIERA Link for Easy Operation
- The PT-AE4000U supports VIERA Link. If your home theater system contains VIERA Link-ready equipment, projection can be started by using only the remote control unit of the PT-AE4000U, regardless of whether the source is a Blu-ray Disc or a TV program stored on an HD recorder. This eliminates the need for hassling with several remote controls.
- Programmable 12 V Trigger for Automated Theater Setup
- Two 12 V triggers are provided. Since the input and output can be set independently (menu selectable), they can link flexibly with powered screens, room light and powered curtains. When combined with the Intelligent Lens Memory, they let you create a truly classy home theater.
- HDMI with x.v.Color and Deep Color
- The PT-AE4000U has three HDMI input terminals for digital transmission without image degradation. The HDMI input terminals also support Deep Color and the x.v.Color color space of the HDMI 1.3 standard. Deep Color provides 10-bit (over 1.07 billion) and 12-bit (over 68.7 billion) color depths for smooth gradation between colors, while x.v.Color compliance reproduces natural, lifelike images.
- Simple Maintenance
- For easy maintenance, you can replace the filter from the side and the lamp from the top of the projector. The dust filter and lamp are easily replaced even after the PT-AE4000U is installed on the ceiling.
- Intelligent Power Management System for Eco-Friendly Power Consumption
- Panasonic works from every angle to minimize environmental impact in the product design, production and delivery processes, and in the performance of the product itself over its life cycle. The PT-AE4000U realizes an extremely low standby power consumption of 0.08 watts, lowest in its class. In addition, the PT-AE4000U's main power consumption is reduced by as much as 10 percent when the dynamic iris function is operating because it intelligently determines the necessary power output of the projector by analyzing over 3 billion different image patterns, to optimize and eliminate excessive power consumption. LSI chip integration further lowers the PT-AE4000U's main power consumption, making it an eco-friendly projector.
Panasonic PTAE4000U Specifications:
|Device Type ||LCD projector - High Definition 1080p |
|Width ||18.1 in |
|Depth ||11.8 in |
|Height ||5.1 in |
|Weight ||16.1 lbs |
|Projector / Panel|
|Image Brightness ||1600 ANSI lumens |
|Image Contrast Ratio ||/ 100000:1 (dynamic) |
|Resolution ||1920 x 1080 |
|Native Aspect Ratio ||Widescreen |
|Display Format ||6,220,800 pixels |
|Lamp Type ||UHM 170 Watt |
|Features ||Integrated de-interlacer (progressive scan), Pure Colour Filter Pro, x.v. Color, Cinema Color Management (CCM), Dynamic Iris, High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection System (HDCP), Noise Reduction, VIERA Link, Detail Clarity Processor 3, 3:2 pull down compensation, Deep Color |
|Projector Lens System|
|Focus Type ||Powered |
|Lens Aperture ||F/1.9-3.2 |
|Zoom Type ||Powered |
|Zoom Factor ||2x |
|Keystone Correction Direction ||Vertical |
|Vertical Keystone Correction ||-30 / +30 |
|Lens Shift Direction ||Horizontal, vertical |
|Vertical Lens Shift ||100% / 100% |
|Horizontal Lens Shift ||40% / 40% |
|Analog Video Format ||NTSC, SECAM, PAL, PAL-N, PAL-M, NTSC 4.43, PAL 60 |
|Analog Video Signal ||RGB, S-Video, composite video, component video |
|Digital Video Standard ||High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) |
|Video Modes ||480p, 480i, 576i, 576p, 1080/24p, 1080/60i, 720/60p, 1080/50i, 720/50p, 1080/50p, 1080/60p |
|Type ||Remote control - external - wireless |
|Expansion / Connectivity|
|Interfaces ||3 x HDMI input - 19 pin HDMI Type A 1 x VGA input - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) 1 x component video input - RCA x 3 2 x audio line-in/out - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm 1 x S-video input - 4 pin mini-DIN 1 x composite video input - RCA 1 x serial RS-232C - 9 pin D-Sub (DB-9) |
|Compliant Standards ||ISO 9001, ISO 14001 |
|Power Device ||Power supply - internal |
|Voltage Required ||AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz ) |
|Power Consumption Operational ||240 Watt |
|Power Consumption Operational ( Standby ) ||0.08 Watt |
|Min Operating Temperature ||32 F |
|Max Operating Temperature ||104 F |
|Humidity Range Operating ||20 - 80% |
|Sound Emission (Economic Mode) ||22 dB|