The Optoma TX612 packs a lot of features into a surprisingly affordable package. Its 3500 lumens of projection power combined with its 3000:1 contrast ratio means it will provide a rich, vivid image in medium to large rooms even with some ambient light to contend with.
Optoma TX612 Description:
The TX612's star attraction must surely be its Texas Instruments DMD DLP chip. This 0.55" chip processes not just the three primary colors that all other chips work on, red, green and blue, but also their complements: cyan, magenta and yellow. As a result colors are so clear and lifelike that TI calls its latest version of the technology BrilliantColor. DLP chips with BrilliantColor increase the brightness of colors by 50 percent vs. DLP chips without it. An added advantage of this chip is that it requires no filter that has to be periodically cleaned and replaced, an operation that can be risky in ceiling mounted installations.
Another key attraction of this projector is its versatility and compatibility. Its power supply can auto switch between inputs of 100 and 240 Volts AC at 50/60 Hz. It's also compatible with about 40 PC and Mac resolution and frequency combinations so it's ideal for laptop-based business presentations.
But perhaps the business world is the furthest thing from your mind. You just want to watch some television. You're in luck. The TX612 is compatible with video signals in the NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, B, D, G, H, I, M, N and SECAM B, D, G, K, K1, L standards. And it can do 720p, 1080i and 1080p high definition. Just plug it into a cable, satellite box or TV with a video out jack and you're good to go.
There's a lot to like in the TX612 so you'll want to secure your investment. There's a control panel lock, password protection and a security bar through which you can lace a security cable (available separately).
If you're looking for projection power, rich, vivid color and versatility in a very affordable package, the TX612 may be just the projector you're looking for.
Optoma TX612 Features:
- 3500 Lumens and a 3000:1 Contrast Ratio
- The combination of 3500 lumens of light output and a 3000:1 contrast ratio is rare in a projector so affordable. It means that even if you don't watch in movie-theater darkness you'll enjoy a bright, vivid image.
- DMD DLP Technology by Texas Instruments
- Those bright, vivid images are courtesy of TI's Digital Micromirror Device Digital Light Processer. That's a long name for a tiny but brilliant chip. In fact TI calls the chip's output BrilliantColor. This technology processes not just the primary colors of red, green and blue but also their complements, cyan, magenta and yellow. BrilliantColor not only improves color accuracy, it brightens secondary colors as well. This combination produces a new level of color performance that increases the brightness of the colors by up to 50% over DLP projectors without BrilliantColor for accurate, true-to-life images. A bonus of DLP chips is that they don't require filters that have to be periodically cleaned and replaced thus saving you time and money.
- Digital Keystone Correction
- "Keystoning" happens when the projector lens is not exactly parallel with the projection surface causing opposite sides of the image to be different lengths. The TX612 can correct keystoning of plus or minus a range of 40 degrees.
- World-Wide Compatibility And HDTV
- This projector can accept from 100 to 240 volts at 50/60 Hz and it can accept and project television standards that range from the North American standard NTSC to NTSC 4.43, PAL (B, D, G, H, I, M, N) and SECAM (B, D, G, K, K1, L). It also can accept and display these STDV, EDTV and HDTV standards: 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p.
- Features to Save You Time, Energy, and Money
- Standby VGA and Audio Pass-Through Feature Reduces Power Consumption
- Rapid Power-on and Shutdown Saves You Time
- Control Panel Lock and Password Protection Allow You to Customize Security Settings
|Device Type ||DLP projector |
|Built-in Devices ||Speaker |
|Width ||12.8 in |
|Depth ||9.2 in |
|Height ||3.8 in |
|Weight ||6.4 lbs |
|Projector / Panel|
|Image Brightness ||3500 ANSI lumens |
|Image Contrast Ratio ||3000:1 |
|Image Size ||2.3 ft - 25 ft |
|Projection Distance ||4 ft - 39 ft |
|Throw Ratio ||1.95 - 2.15:1 |
|Uniformity ||85 % |
|Resolution ||XGA (1024 x 768) (native) / 1600 x 1200 (resized) |
|Native Aspect Ratio ||4:3 |
|Color Support ||Up to 1.07 billion colors |
|Max Sync Rate (V x H) ||85 Hz x 91.1 kHz |
|Lamp Type ||P-VIP 230 Watt |
|Lamp Life Cycle ||3000 hour(s) / 4000 hour(s) (economic mode) |
|Controls / Adjustments ||Keystone correction |
|Projector Lens System|
|Focus Type ||Manual |
|Lens Aperture ||F/2.4-2.55 |
|Zoom Type ||Manual |
|Zoom Factor ||1.1x |
|Keystone Correction Direction ||Vertical |
|Vertical Keystone Correction ||-40 / +40 |
|Analog Video Format ||NTSC, SECAM, PAL |
|Video Modes ||480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 480i |
|Type ||Speaker(s) - integrated |
|Sound Output Mode ||Mono |
|Output Power / Channel ||2 Watt |
|Type ||Remote control - external - wireless |
|Expansion / Connectivity|
|Interfaces ||2 x VGA input - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) 1 x serial RS-232 ( management ) 1 x audio line-out 3 x audio line-in 1 x S-video input - 4 pin mini-DIN 1 x composite video input 1 x VGA output - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) 1 x USB |
|Included Accessories ||Carrying case, lens cover, ceiling mount kit |
|Cables Included ||1 x VGA cable 1 x USB cable |
|Security Features ||Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately) |
|Power Device ||Power supply - internal |
|Voltage Required ||AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz ) |
|Power Consumption Operational ||272 Watt |
|Power Consumption Operational ( Standby ) ||1 Watt |
|Service & Support ||3 years warranty |
|Service & Support Details ||Limited warranty - 3 years Limited warranty - lamp - 1 year |
|Min Operating Temperature ||41 F |
|Max Operating Temperature ||113 F |
|Humidity Range Operating ||0 - 80% |
|Sound Emission ||34 dB |
|Sound Emission (Economic Mode) ||29 dB|