The NEC NP215 is a low priced high powered projector that's as useful in the living room as it is in the conference room. It can project high definition signals in the 720p and 1080i formats and most international TV standards. Its 100 to 200 V AC 50/60 Hz power supply is also ready for the world.
NEC NP215 Description:
The NP215 is so ecologically conscious it can even calculate and display its own carbon footprint in kg by operating in ECO mode. ECO mode lowers light output somewhat, slows the fan and saves you money.
This projector is people friendly too. Its input panel is clearly labeled and color coded. And it enables you to include the hard of hearing members of your audience by displaying Closed Captioning from program sources that provide it. CC also comes in handy to help people whose native language isn't English.
The NP215 sports a 0.55" DLP chip with BrilliantColor. This chip increases color accuracy while it increases color brightness by up to 50 percent. And it processes six different primary colors rather than the usual three. What's more, projectors powered by DLP light engines require no filters that have to be cleaned and replaced periodically.
NEC NP215 Features:
- 2500 Lumens and 2000:1 Contrast Ratio Courtesy of Texas Instruments
- Bright, high contrast images from the latest Texas Instruments DLP engine featuring BrilliantColor technology with improved color accuracy can fill a medium to large room, even if there's a fairly high level of ambient light. And DLP panels don't require filters that have to be periodically cleaned and replaced.
- Environmentally and Budget Friendly
- ECO Mode technology increases lamp life up to 5000 hours, while lowering power consumption and energy costs. The Auto Power On feature activates the projector when a computer signal is detected via the RGB (15-pin) input connector. On the other hand, power management enables the projector to automatically turn off when an incoming signal is not detected from any of the inputs. There's even a carbon savings meter that calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup.
- Quick On And Quick Off
- Quick start (3 to 4 seconds) lets you begin presenting in seconds while quick shutdown (immediate power off with no cooling required after shutdown) ensures efficient energy usage and no wasted time waiting around for the bulb to cool down.
- Ready For The World
- The 100 240V AC, 50/60 Hz power supply will work almost anywhere in the world (optional power cord may be required.) The NP 215 can also handle video signals in the NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL-M, N, B, D, G, H, I, 60 and SECAM formats, covering much of the world. In addition it's compatible with dozens of Mac and PC video formats. And of course it can project in 720p and 1080i high definition.
- Closed Captioning
- Built-in closed captioning enables decoding and display of text information from a video source that contains it. Let your whole audience participate, including those who are hard of hearing and those learning English as a foreign language
- Security Measures Protect Your Investment
- The NP215 includes a password protection feature that ensures only authorized people use the projector. There's also a Kensington slot through which you can run a cable fastened to a larger object to physically secure it.
- Built in Wall Color Correction
- When your venue doesn't have a screen handy you may end up having to project your presentation on to the wall. That's not too bad if it's a white wall but what if the wall is say, light green Not a problem. The NP215 can compensate for nine different board and wall colors.
- Network Ready
- The NP215 has an integrated RJ45 connection for quick connection to a LAN. The projector's remote diagnostics enable you to monitor and make adjustments to the projector from any computer on your LAN.
NEC NP215 Specifications:
|Device Type ||DLP projector |
|Built-in Devices ||Speaker |
|Width ||12.2 in |
|Depth ||9.7 in |
|Height ||3.8 in |
|Weight ||5.5 lbs |
|Projector / Panel|
|Image Brightness ||2500 ANSI lumens |
|Image Contrast Ratio ||2000:1 |
|Image Size ||0.3 in - 3 in |
|Projection Distance ||4 ft - 39 ft |
|Throw Ratio ||1.95 - 2.15:1 |
|Resolution ||XGA (1024 x 768) (native) / 1600 x 1200 (resized) |
|Native Aspect Ratio ||4:3 |
|Max Sync Rate (V x H) ||120 Hz x 100 kHz |
|Lamp Type ||180 Watt |
|Lamp Life Cycle ||3500 hour(s) / 5000 hour(s) (economic mode) |
|Controls / Adjustments ||Brightness, contrast, input select, color temperature, keystone correction, zoom, aspect control |
|Features ||Eco-Mode technology, AutoSense technology, Advanced AccuBlend technology, VORTEX Technology Plus, 3D Reform technology, Closed Caption, wall color correction, BrilliantColor, Auto Vertical Keystone |
|Projector Lens System|
|Focus Type ||Manual |
|Lens Aperture ||F/2.41-2.55 |
|Zoom Factor ||1.1x |
|Keystone Correction Direction ||Vertical |
|Vertical Keystone Correction ||-40 / +40 |
|Data Link Protocol ||Ethernet, Fast Ethernet |
|Analog Video Format ||NTSC, SECAM, PAL, PAL-B/G, PAL-N, PAL-M, PAL-I, NTSC 4.43, PAL-D, PAL-H |
|Analog Video Signal ||RGB, S-Video, composite video, component video |
|Video Modes ||480p, 720p, 1080i, 480i, 576i, 576p |
|Analog Video Signal ||RGB |
|Type ||Speaker(s) - integrated |
|Sound Output Mode ||Mono |
|Output Power / Channel ||7 Watt |
|Speaker(s) ||1 x mixed channel |
|Type ||Remote control - external - wireless |
|Movement Detection Technology ||Infrared |
|Expansion / Connectivity|
|Interfaces ||1 x VGA / component video input - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) 1 x composite video input - RCA 1 x S-video input - 4 pin mini-DIN 1 x VGA output - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) 1 x audio line-in - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm 1 x serial RS-232 - 9 pin D-Sub (DB-9) ( management ) 1 x network - RJ-45 ( management ) |
|Cables Included ||1 x VGA cable |
|Security Features ||Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately) |
|Works with Windows Vista ||Software and devices that carry the Works with Windows Vista logo have been tested for baseline compatibility with PC's running. |
|Compliant Standards ||Plug and Play, FCC Class B certified, cUL, NOM, UL 1950, CSA 22.2 No. 950 |
|Power Device ||Power supply - internal |
|Voltage Required ||AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz ) |
|Power Consumption Operational ||242 Watt |
|Power Consumption Operational ( Standby ) ||0.49 Watt |
|Service & Support ||2 years warranty |
|Service & Support Details ||Limited warranty - parts and labor - 2 years Limited warranty - lamp - 1 year |
|Min Operating Temperature ||41 F |
|Max Operating Temperature ||104 F |
|Humidity Range Operating ||20 - 80% |
|Sound Emission ||34 dB|