The XGA resolution NEC NP1200 Digital Installation Projector is what's called an "installation" projector because it's meant to be permanently installed in a home, office or classroom. But this powerful professional is so versatile we think it will often be pressed into serving in more than one location.
NEC NP1200 Description:
After all, it's got an international 100 240 volt 50/60 Hz power supply and it can project video in the NTSC, PAL and SECAM standards. And speaking of international, its onscreen display (OSD) offers your choice of 21 languages.
The NP1200 is also compatible with a couple dozen Macintosh and PC resolution/sync rates. Its AutoSense feature intuitively syncs the projector with most computer signals and features one-touch image optimization. The NP1200 also does 720p and 1080i high definition. And the NP1200 can also display all modes of closed captioning from programming sources that provide closed captioning
With 3700 lumens of projection power at a 600:1 contrast ratio you might find yourself presenting in a large venue where the projector's five watt stereo speakers just aren't loud enough for you. If so, you can hook up (optional) external powered speakers to the NP1200's variable audio out jack and control their volume with the projector's remote control.
Speaking of remote control, you can plug your NP1200 into your LAN via its RJ45 jack and set it up for remote monitoring and management in just a few minutes. You can also have the projector email you when it detects error conditions or a lamp is nearing the end of its useful life.
We're not sure if the projector's Eco mode is short for ecological or economical because it helps save the environment while it saves you money. Eco mode allows for a lower power setting at a 12% reduction in brightness. Overall power draw drops from 393 Watts to 345 Watts while lamp life is extended by 50 percent from 2000 hours to 3000 hours. In addition, while in Standby mode, the projector is designed to consume only 12 watts of power. Optionally, you can even display carbon savings on the startup screen.
NEC NP1200 Features:
- 3700 Lumens And a 600:1 Contrast Ratio
- That's plenty of projection power for a medium to large room even if there's some ambient light like lights left on so viewers can take notes.
- Compatible With World Video and Power Standards
- The NP1200 can handle NTSC at standard (480i) and enhanced (480p) resolutions and it can handle HDTV (720p, 1080i) high definition. It can also accept PAL, PAL60, PAL-N, PAL-M and SECAM signals. And its 100 240 V AC 50/60 Hz power supply will work in most countries the world over.
- Advanced AccuBlend
- Ensures detailed images when non-native resolution sources are connected to the projector.
- Automatically syncs with any computer signal and features one-touch image optimization.
- Remote Diagnostics and Built-in HTTP Page
- Thanks to its RJ45 jack the NP1200 is network ready. Remote diagnostics enable you to monitor and make adjustments to the projector remotely. In fact, the projector has its own built-in HTTP page for control and monitoring over a LAN. And when the lamp is reaching the end of its useful life the projector can email you to let you know.
- Variable Audio Out
- VAO enables you to adjust the volume of (optional) self-powered external speakers that you can connect to the projector. In standby mode, the audio out feature stays active, allowing the last input used to pass audio to the self-powered external speakers.
- When You Don't Have a Screen Handy Use Wall Color Correction
- Sometimes you just don't have a screen and you have to use a blackboard or wall. With the NP1200 that's no problem. It can color correct for a whiteboard, blackboard, (gray) blackboard wall colors of light yellow, light green, light blue, sky blue, light rose and pink.
- ECO Mode Saves Money and Energy
- An onscreen carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup. A green ECO Mode button on the remote control makes the switch easy. Quick start (3 to 4 seconds) lets you begin presenting in seconds while quick shutdown (immediate power off with no cooling required after shutdown) ensures efficient energy usage. Power management enables the projector to automatically turn off when an incoming signal is not detected from any of the inputs. In standby mode the projector uses only 12 watts. Another money and energy (people's energy, that is): Filter life is three times longer than in previous generation models.
- Virtual Remote Over VGA Cable (DDC/CI)
- Install the included Virtual Remote Tool software and you can control the projector from your laptop with no other connection needed. You can power the projector on and off, move forward and backward in your presentation and so on using the onscreen virtual remote.
- Closed Captioning Includes Your Entire Audience
- Closed captioning was developed to make video more enjoyable and useful for the hard of hearing but it also comes in handy for people whose native language isn't English. CC is more complicated than you might think. Of course the programming source has to provide it but did you know there are many different channels of closed captioning The NP1200 can handle all of them: CC1 (closed caption1, the most common channel), CC2, CC3, CC4, T1, T2, T3 and T4.
NEC NP1200 Specifications:
|Device Type||LCD projector |
|Built-in Devices||Stereo speakers |
|Width||15.7 in |
|Depth||14.1 in |
|Height||5.9 in |
|Weight||16.3 lbs |
|Projector / Panel|
|Image Brightness||3700 ANSI lumens |
|Image Contrast Ratio||600:1 |
|Image Size||2 ft - 42 ft |
|Projection Distance||2.4 ft - 69 ft |
|Throw Ratio||1.5 - 2.0:1 |
|Resolution||XGA (1024 x 768) (native) / 1600 x 1200 (resized) |
|Max Sync Rate (V x H)||120 Hz x 100 kHz |
|Lamp Type||300 Watt |
|Lamp Life Cycle||2000 hour(s) / 3000 hour(s) (economic mode) |
|Controls / Adjustments||Keystone correction, zoom |
|Features||Eco-Mode technology, AutoSense technology, Advanced AccuBlend technology, 3D Reform technology, Micro Lens Array (MLA) Technology, High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection System (HDCP), wall color correction, Hollywood Quality Video (HQV) |
|Projector Lens System|
|Lens||Standard lens |
|Focus Type||Manual |
|Lens Aperture||F/1.7-2.2 |
|Zoom Factor||1.33x |
|Keystone Correction Direction||Horizontal, vertical |
|Vertical Keystone Correction||-30 / +30 |
|Lens Shift Type||Manual |
|Lens Shift Direction||Horizontal, vertical |
|Vertical Lens Shift||50% |
|Horizontal Lens Shift||10% / 10% |
|Data Link Protocol||Ethernet |
|Analog Video Format||NTSC, SECAM, PAL, PAL-N, PAL-M, NTSC 4.43, PAL 60 |
|Analog Video Signal||RGB, S-Video, composite video, component video |
|Digital Video Standard||Digital Visual Interface (DVI) |
|Video Modes||480p, 720p, 1080i, 480i, 576i, 576p |
|Analog Video Signal||RGB |
|Type||Speaker(s) - integrated |
|Sound Output Mode||Stereo |
|Output Power / Channel||5 Watt |
|Speaker(s)||2 x right / left channel |
|Type||Remote control - external - wireless |
|Movement Detection Technology||Infrared |
|Expansion / Connectivity|
|Interfaces||1 x VGA input - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) 1 x RGB input - BNC x 5 1 x DVI-D input - 24 pin digital DVI 1 x composite video input - RCA 1 x S-video input - 4 pin mini-DIN 1 x component video input - RCA x 3 2 x audio line-in - RCA x 2 1 x audio line-out - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm 1 x serial RS-232 - 9 pin D-Sub (DB-9) 1 x USB - 4 pin USB Type B 1 x network - RJ-45 1 x audio line-in - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm x 3 1 x stacking 1 x remote control - mini-phone 3.5 mm 1 x VGA output - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) |
|Included Accessories||Lens cover |
|Cables Included||1 x remote control cable 1 x VGA cable |
|Security Features||Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately), password protection, control panel lock, My Screen lock |
|Compliant Standards||FCC Class B certified, cUL, NOM, UL 1950, CSA 22.2 No. 950 |
|Power Device||Power supply - internal |
|Voltage Required||AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz ) |
|Power Consumption Operational||393 Watt |
|Power Consumption Operational ( Standby )||0.4 Watt |
|Service & Support||3 years warranty |
|Service & Support Details||Limited warranty - parts and labor - 3 years Limited warranty - lamp - 1 year |
|Min Operating Temperature||41 F |
|Max Operating Temperature||104 F |
|Humidity Range Operating||20 - 80% |
|Sound Emission||33 dB |
|Sound Emission (Economic Mode)||30 dB |
This item is brand new and comes with a full manufacturer warranty. Please refer to the table below for details
Don't Gamble on a break-down!
- 100% Parts and Labor
- No Deductibles
- No Lemon Guarantee
- Fully Transferable
- Toll-Free Support
- Worry Free For Up to 5 Years
- Nationwide Coverage
- Rapid Claim System
- Electronic Registration
||Extended Service Plan
||Typical Manufacturer Warranty
|Up to 5 Years including parts and labor
||1 Year Parts, 90 Days Labor
Wear and Tear(Normal Use)
Product Replacement (If Product Cannot be Fixed)
Optional Accidental Damage
Screen or Lens Replacement
24/7 Toll Free Help
No Lemon Policy
Authorized Service Centers in Most Locations
What exactly is an Extended Service Plan?
An extended service plan is generally an extension of your original manufacturer's warranty. Most manufacturers warranty their products to be free from defects for up to one year from the date of purchase. This warranty virtually guarantees you that if your newly purchased product fails, the manufacturer will protect you from the high costs of replacement parts and labor necessary to repair your product. Extended service plans lengthen your product's coverage for up to an additional 60 months (5 years) to insure you get years of performance satisfaction from your newly purchased product.
How is this different than the manufacturer's warranty?
A manufacturer's warranty usually offers limited coverage for a limited time, with parts and labor carrying separate lengths of coverage. For example, a common manufacturer warranty of a product might cover a consumer for one full year on parts defects but only 90 days on the high cost of labor involved to change those parts. Extended service plans provide comprehensive, long term, even length coverage. This means that should your product fail within your plans coverage time frame, both parts and labor costs are covered.
How do I buy an Extended Service Plan?
Extended Service Plans can be purchased along with your product online, or via our toll free number.
Can I renew my Consumer Priority Service extended service plan?
Yes, service plans are renewable and must be submitted 30 days prior to the original plans expiration. Please contact a sales representative to discuss your renewal options.
What should I do if I need extended service?
Our extended service providers offer an easy to use interactive form online which you may use to request that they initiate a claim on your product. Your other alternative is to call the toll-free number on your extended warranty card or email and have a qualified representative make this request for you with the information you will provide. We believe that our claim initiation request process is the absolute best our industry has to offer. It is designed for simplicity and speed.
Who will perform the service on my product?
Our company works with over 11,000 authorized service professionals. Each technician is extensively trained by the respective manufacturers to provide service on your products. Authorized technicians must complete annual and bi-annual continued education exams in addition to being well versed in manufacturer supplied update bulletins to ensure their level of expertise is as current as the new products which come to market. We urge our customers to provide feedback regarding their experiences which we later use to insure that the level of service we are expected to provide is exactly the level of service you receive.
May I transfer my extended service plan to another person?
Our service plans are 100% transferable. If you would like transfer ownership of the covered product along with its coverage, we require that the request be supplied in writing. For assistance please contact a Representative. Please have all of the new owner's information at hand when requesting a transfer.
Will I have to pay a deductible or any other "hidden costs"?
Generally, the amount of a deductible is almost always proportional to the amount of the premium charged. In order to have a lower deductible, even as low as $0, the plan holder would generally have to agree to a higher premium. For those who want lower premiums, they must agree to a higher deductible. Our extended service plans carry a $0.00 deductible along with low premiums. This means that with an extended service plan there are no high upfront costs and they are committed to cover 100% parts and labor costs on any authorized claim.