To appreciate the Hitachi CP-A52's key advantage you have to understand what "ultra short throw" means. Simply put, it refers to a projector's ability to create a large image from a short distance. How large and how short The CP-A52 can project an image five feet across diagonally from just 4" from the screen. That's not a typo. A 100" image (the largest recommended although the projector can go to 200") can be projected from just 16".
Hitachi CPA52 Description:
This ultra short throw capability makes this projector ideal for ceiling mounting in a classroom. Presenters don't have to worry about projector light in their eyes and shadows blocking the show are a thing of the past.
If a presentation has a soundtrack your audience can listen via the built-in 7 watt speaker or optional external powered speakers. The CP-A52 also can also display the whole gamut of closed captioning (CC1, CC2, CC3, CC4, T1, T2, T3, T4) from programming sources that provide it. You can even set CC to come on automatically when the Mute button is pressed.
To protect your investment there's both a security bar, through which you can thread an antitheft cord up to 10 mm in diameter and there's also a slot for a Kensington Lock. Whether you're watching HDTV, a Blu-ray disc, or giving a PowerPoint presentation (all from external equipment sold separately) if you need a big picture in a small space CP-A52 is for you.
Hitachi CPA52 Features:
- Worldwide Standards Compatible
- The 100 120 V AC; 220 240V 50/60 Hz power supply means you can use this projector just about anywhere. (Optional compatible power cord may be required.) And not only the power supply but the video inputs cover the globe too. In addition to the North American standard NTSC, it also accepts and projects NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-N, PAL-M, PAL-60 and SECAM
- HDTV Compatible
- The CP-A52 can accept and project 480p, 720p and 1080i high defnition TV signals, providing crisp, deep colors, thanks to its three 0.63" polysilicon active-matrix display panels.
- 7 Watt Built-In Speaker and Jacks for External Powered Speakers
- Sound is never a problem with the CP-A52. You can use its own 7 watt speaker in small classrooms or plug in powered speakers for lecture halls. The projector also provides for CC1, CC2, CC3, CC4, T1, T2, T3 and T4 closed captioning from programming sources that provide it for the hard of hearing or just to reinforce the dialog for the entire audience. You can also set closed captioning to come on when you press the mute button on the unit's control panel or remote.
- Provides a Big Picture in a Small Room
- "Ultra Short Throw" means the CP-A52 can project a huge picture at short distances. It can project a 60" diagonal picture a mere 4" from the screen. A 90" image (7.5') requires only 13" distance. This makes the CP-A52 ideal for ceiling mounting in small to medium class rooms and conference rooms. (Ceiling mounting hardware sold separately). You can even mount it behind a translucent screen for the ultimate in no-glare, shadow free presentations.
- Whiteboard and Blackboard Modes
- If you don't have a screen on which to project you can use a blackboard and still get bright, vivid colors or use a whiteboard without image washout in the center of the image. In Template mode you can project lines on the board to make it easier to write on.
- Named Inputs
- With this feature you can name your inputs so instead of COMPUTER 1 and COMPUTER 2 you can switch between "MacBook" and "Dell Desktop" or whatever you choose to name your inputs.
Hitachi CPA52 Specifications:
|Device Type ||LCD projector |
|Built-in Devices ||Speaker |
|Width ||15.6 in |
|Depth ||14 in |
|Height ||5.2 in |
|Weight ||12.8 lbs |
|Projector / Panel|
|Image Brightness ||2000 ANSI lumens |
|Image Contrast Ratio ||500:1 |
|Resolution ||XGA (1024 x 768) |
|Native Aspect Ratio ||4:3 |
|Display Format ||786,432 pixels |
|Color Support ||24-bit (16.7 million colors) |
|Max Sync Rate (V x H) ||120 Hz x 106 kHz |
|Lamp Type ||UHB 220 Watt |
|Lamp Life Cycle ||2000 hour(s) / 3000 hour(s) (economic mode) |
|Controls / Adjustments ||Brightness, contrast, color balance, gamma correction, color temperature |
|Features ||Blackboard Mode, Closed Caption, Whiteboard Mode, input source naming |
|Projector Lens System|
|Keystone Correction Direction ||Vertical |
|Vertical Keystone Correction ||-5/ +5 |
|Analog Video Format ||NTSC, SECAM, PAL, PAL-N, PAL-M, NTSC 4.43 |
|Analog Video Signal ||RGB, S-Video, composite video, component video |
|Video Modes ||480p, 720p, 1080i, 480i, 576i |
|Analog Video Signal ||RGB |
|Type ||Speaker(s) - integrated |
|Sound Output Mode ||Mono |
|Output Power / Channel ||7 Watt |
|Speaker(s) ||1 x mixed channel |
|Type ||Remote control - external - wireless |
|Expansion / Connectivity|
|Interfaces ||2 x RGB input - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) 1 x RGB output - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) 1 x S-video input - 4 pin mini-DIN 1 x composite video input - RCA 1 x component video input - RCA x 3 2 x audio line-in - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm 1 x audio line-in - RCA x 2 1 x audio line-out - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm 1 x serial RS-232 - 9 pin D-Sub (DB-9) ( management ) 1 x USB - 4 pin USB Type B |
|Cables Included ||1 x display cable |
|Security Features ||Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately), security bar |
|Compliant Standards ||CE, UL, cUL, FCC, RoHS |
|Power Device ||Power supply - internal |
|Voltage Required ||AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz ) |
|Power Consumption Operational ||340 Watt |
|Min Operating Temperature ||41 F |
|Max Operating Temperature ||95 F |
|Sound Emission (Economic Mode) ||28 dB|