The Christie DS+6K
offers exceptional image quality and detail in a compact size. With 6,500 ANSI lumens for pure presentation power and unsurpassed color accuracy and adjustability, the Christie DS+6K is the smallest, high-performance 3-chip DLP product
on the market - ideal for conference rooms
, Houses of Worship
, training rooms
Christie Digital Systems DS+6K Description:
When images need to speak volumes, the Christie DS+6K delivers high brightness, the highest contrast and photo-realistic color with the ability to edge-blend and tile. Best price performance on the market, most reliability, lowest cost of ownership, best warranties available and renowned customer service - all add up to peace of mind with the Christie DS+6K.
Christie DS+6K - easy to install, easy to use, easy to maintain.
Christie Digital Systems DS+6K Features:
- 6500 ANSI Lumens at 220VAC operation, 5500 ANSI lumens at 120VAC operation (+/- 10%)
- Native SXGA+ 1400 x 1050 resolution
- 1600-2000:1 contrast ratio enabling highly enhanced image detail, with blacker blacks and whiter whites
- Smallest, high-performance 3-chip DLP product offering the pinnacle of image color accuracy and adjustability
- Xenon lamp system providing repeatability of photo-realistic colors and ability to accurately color-match images
- True 10-bit processing offering high-bandwidth signal processing
- A user-friendly Graphic User Interface makes operation and set-up of the Christie DS+5K uncomplicated
- Multiple control options let the user choose whats best for their application built-in, IR and wired remote keypad; RS-422 or RS-232 control; or through ChristieNET via the Ethernet port
- Conference rooms
- Houses of worship
- Training rooms
Christie Digital Systems DS+6K Specifications:
- 6500 ANSI lumens at 220VAC operation (+/- 10%)
- 5500 ANSI lumens at 120VAC operation (+/- 10%)
- 90% brightness uniformity across the screen
- 1600-2000:1 full field (adjustable internal aperture)
|Display Technology and Resolution|| |
- 3-chip DLP
- True SXGA+ 1400 x 1050 resolution
|Scan Rates|| |
- Horizontal - 15 kHz to 120 kHz
- Vertical - 23.97 Hz to 150 Hz
|Input Signal Compatibility|| |
- VGA through to QXGA (2048 x 1536)
- Accepts all current HDTV/DTV formats
- Multi-standard video decoder
- Horizontal and vertical scaling, all inputs
|Inputs, Control and Networking|| |
- RGBHV/YPbPr via 5 BNC
- DIV-I - digital/analog RGB/YPbPr(HDCP)
- One composite video, one S-Video
- Two option slots for analog/digital modules
- 3 RS-232 ports and 1 RS-422 port
- On-board ChristieNET connectivity (RJ45)
- Built-in backlit keypad and IR remote control
|Advanced Feature Set|| |
- Auto set-up, power-up feature
- Menus in five languages
- On-screen help
- 50 channel memories
- Built-in edge-blending
- Comprehensive Color Adjustment (CCA)
- Optional ChristieTWIST image warping
|Lens Mount|| |
- Motorized horizontal and vertical offset
- Tool-free lens insertion system
- Tilt adjustment
- Built-in light shutter
- 1.0kW CERMAX Xenon pre-aligned lamp module
- 1500 hours (typical) lifetime
|Light Output Control (LITELOC)|| |
- "Auto Brightness" (Intensity), "Lamp Conserve" (Power), "Max Brightness" modes
|Power Requirements|| |
- 100 VAC to 240 VAC +/- 10% @ 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 1600W maximum
- Thermal dissipation: 5460 BTU/hr
- Operating current: 12A @ 100V / 8A @ 200V
- Weight: 72 lb (32.1 kg) (excluding lens)
- Shipping weight: 115 lb (52 kg)
- Size: 26"W x 22.3" L x 12.3"H (660mm W x 566mm L x 313mm H) (excluding lens)
|Standard Accessories|| |
- IR keypad (w/batteries)
- Line cord
- User manual
|Optional Accessories|| |
- Fixed lenses: 0.73:1, 1.2:1
- Zoom lenses: 1.45-1.8:1, 1.8-2.5:1, 2.5-4.5:1, 4.5-7.3:1
- ChristieTWIST Image Warping and Edge-Blending module
- Input modules - Dual SD/HD-SDI, DVI and legacy interface modules
- Wired remote control
- Remote IR sensor
- Ethernet, RS-232, RS-422 cables
- Service manual
- KoRE 10-bit librarian
- Lens adapter (for competitive lenses)
|Operating Environment|| |
- Temp: 40 to 95 F (5 to 35 C)
- Humidity: 20 - 80% non-condensing
|Regulatory Approvals|| |
- UL/CSA/IEC 60950 (3rd edition)
- FCC Class A, CE, CCC (pending)
- This product conforms to all relevant European directives, standards, safety, health and environmental concerns
This item is brand new and comes with a full manufacturer warranty. Please refer to the table below for details
Don't Gamble on a break-down!
- 100% Parts and Labor
- No Deductibles
- No Lemon Guarantee
- Fully Transferable
- Toll-Free Support
- Worry Free For Up to 5 Years
- Nationwide Coverage
- Rapid Claim System
- Electronic Registration
||Extended Service Plan
||Typical Manufacturer Warranty
|Up to 5 Years including parts and labor
||1 Year Parts, 90 Days Labor
Wear and Tear(Normal Use)
Product Replacement (If Product Cannot be Fixed)
Optional Accidental Damage
Screen or Lens Replacement
24/7 Toll Free Help
No Lemon Policy
Authorized Service Centers in Most Locations
What exactly is an Extended Service Plan?
An extended service plan is generally an extension of your original manufacturer's warranty. Most manufacturers warranty their products to be free from defects for up to one year from the date of purchase. This warranty virtually guarantees you that if your newly purchased product fails, the manufacturer will protect you from the high costs of replacement parts and labor necessary to repair your product. Extended service plans lengthen your product's coverage for up to an additional 60 months (5 years) to insure you get years of performance satisfaction from your newly purchased product.
How is this different than the manufacturer's warranty?
A manufacturer's warranty usually offers limited coverage for a limited time, with parts and labor carrying separate lengths of coverage. For example, a common manufacturer warranty of a product might cover a consumer for one full year on parts defects but only 90 days on the high cost of labor involved to change those parts. Extended service plans provide comprehensive, long term, even length coverage. This means that should your product fail within your plans coverage time frame, both parts and labor costs are covered.
How do I buy an Extended Service Plan?
Extended Service Plans can be purchased along with your product online, or via our toll free number.
Can I renew my Consumer Priority Service extended service plan?
Yes, service plans are renewable and must be submitted 30 days prior to the original plans expiration. Please contact a sales representative to discuss your renewal options.
What should I do if I need extended service?
Our extended service providers offer an easy to use interactive form online which you may use to request that they initiate a claim on your product. Your other alternative is to call the toll-free number on your extended warranty card or email and have a qualified representative make this request for you with the information you will provide. We believe that our claim initiation request process is the absolute best our industry has to offer. It is designed for simplicity and speed.
Who will perform the service on my product?
Our company works with over 11,000 authorized service professionals. Each technician is extensively trained by the respective manufacturers to provide service on your products. Authorized technicians must complete annual and bi-annual continued education exams in addition to being well versed in manufacturer supplied update bulletins to ensure their level of expertise is as current as the new products which come to market. We urge our customers to provide feedback regarding their experiences which we later use to insure that the level of service we are expected to provide is exactly the level of service you receive.
May I transfer my extended service plan to another person?
Our service plans are 100% transferable. If you would like transfer ownership of the covered product along with its coverage, we require that the request be supplied in writing. For assistance please contact a Representative. Please have all of the new owner's information at hand when requesting a transfer.
Will I have to pay a deductible or any other "hidden costs"?
Generally, the amount of a deductible is almost always proportional to the amount of the premium charged. In order to have a lower deductible, even as low as $0, the plan holder would generally have to agree to a higher premium. For those who want lower premiums, they must agree to a higher deductible. Our extended service plans carry a $0.00 deductible along with low premiums. This means that with an extended service plan there are no high upfront costs and they are committed to cover 100% parts and labor costs on any authorized claim.