With 2600 ANSI lumens and a 450:1 contrast ratio the Canon LV-8215 LCD Projector has the power required to display bright, sharp WXGA (1280 x 800) images in less than ideal ambient light conditions like classrooms, boardrooms or conventions.
Canon 4329B002 Description:
While these features alone might be enough to warrant purchasing the projector, the user-friendly design and intuitive on-screen menu reveal a multitude of advanced, efficient features usually available in units 2 or 3 times the LV-8215's modest cost.
Set-up is a breeze thanks to Auto Power On which turns unit on when it is plugged into an outlet as well as Input Sensing which powers it up when connected to a computer. Auto Keystone Adjustment detects the tilt of the projector when placed on a flat surface, automatically adjusting it to square up the image. One of the LV-8215's many attributes is portability. At only 7.28 lbs, the projector is as likely to move from room to room as it is to be permanently mounted. Screen Color Correction provides 8 different settings to solve color cast problems on less than perfect surfaces, while Whiteboard Mode reduces hot spots on this shiny surface.
The unit's wide connectivity includes DVI and component inputs as well as an audio output, but the 7 watt speaker is powerful enough for most audiences or meetings. Running at a whisper-quiet 29 dB in Quiet Mode, the projector won't challenge the speaker for attention. When operating in a noisy environment or when working with the hearing impaired, dialog captions can be conveniently displayed in sync with the action.
Network connectivity not only allows remote control and monitoring of functions but also enables maintenance timetables and alerts via email.
Finally, all of this doesn't come at the expense of the environment. The LV-8215 employs multiple methods to affect energy savings and confirm a shrinking carbon footprint. Quick Start, Quick Power-Off, Sleep Timer and Off Timer minimize energy use during start-up, shut-down and periods of non-operation. Auto Energy Saver switches to quiet mode after 1 minute without signal input, extending the lamp's life up to 5,000 hours and minimizing downtime.
Canon 4329B002 Features:
- Native WXGA Resolution (1280 x 800)
- The LV-8215 offers native WXGA resolution (1280 x 800) for your images, making it easy to deliver content from your widescreen notebook or desktop computer. Display high-definition video, diagrams, and text with incredible clarity.
- 2600 ANSI Lumens
- With a powerful 2600 lumens, the LV-8215 delivers incredible image quality and brightness. Even in a classroom or office with high levels of ambient light, your audience will be sure to see every brilliant detail of your presentation. You can even use your LV-8215 to present in front of large audiences in conference and boardroom environments. And you'll be able to use that brightness longer, thanks to a long life lamp that delivers up to 5,000 hours of use in Quiet Mode.
- 1.2x Optical Zoom Lens
- The 1.2x optical zoom lens faithfully projects images while offering ease of placement, allowing you to easily change the screen size to accommodate various venues and/or applications, regardless of space limitations. The LV-8215's short throw distance allows you to project 100-inch images from only 10.8 feet, making the LV-8215 easy to set up in large rooms. Only 8.5 feet are needed for 80-inch projections, making it ideal for classrooms and small meeting rooms.
- Lamp Life Up to 5,000 Hours
- By improving the lamp lighting system used in previous models, the LV-8215's lamp allows for up to 4,000 hours in Normal Mode, and up to 5,000 hours in Quiet Mode. This new lamp lighting system also reduces CO2 emissions from the projector.
- Time and Energy Efficient
- Time and energy saving features include Power Saving mode, a Carbon Savings Meter which calculates the energy-saving effects of operating the projector in Quiet Mode and Auto Energy Saver which switches to quiet mode after 1 minute without signal input.
Quick Start, Quick Power-Off, Sleep Timer and Off Timer minimize energy use during start-up, shut-down and periods of non-operation.
- Screen Color Correction
- When a projection screen is not available, the projector's Screen Color Correction feature allows you to project directly onto a wall, correcting the distortion of colors caused by the color of the projection surface. 8 different projection surface color settings are available.
A Whiteboard Mode is also available for projecting images onto whiteboards which dramatically reduces the reflective bright spots. This helps to maintain genuine color recreation.
- Aspect Ratio
- The size of your projections can also be changed to match the type of image desired, by making adjustments to one of the 4 aspect ratio settings.
- Automatic Keystone Adjustment
- Simply place your projector on a flat surface, and keystone will correct automatically- with no buttons to push, making setup a breeze. Built-in sensors detect the tilt of the projector and automatically correct for keystone distortion - up to +/- 30 degrees vertically. Of course, you can still adjust keystone correction manually.
- Flexible Connectivity with DVI-I Terminal
- The LV-8215 connects to a variety of devices, including laptop and desktop computers, DVD players, digital cameras and camcorders, and VCRs. HDMI devices are connectable using a HDMI to DVI adapter. Many desktop PCs cannot be connected to both a projector and monitor at the same time. The LV-8215's Monitor Out terminal allows for an external monitor to be connected to the projector.
- Network Connectivity
- An RJ-45 jack enables local and network control of several projectors from a central location, making it easy to manage a large scale system. Through the network connection, the projector can actually send out an email when an error occurs or when the lamp has reached the end of its useful life.
- Management Software
- Monitoring software allows audio/visual personnel to monitor entire groups of projectors connected by a common network, and is helpful in providing timely service support- as well as maintenance management. Users can choose which items to display from projector name, power status, product name, lamp hours used, air filter hours used and IP address.
- Closed Captioning and 7 Watt Speaker
- The projector decodes and displays closed-captioning information from programming that provides it, benefiting those in your audience with hearing impairment. It can help everyone understand difficult dialog as well. You can also take advantage of the built-in 7-watt speaker, perfect for small classrooms and conference rooms.
- Advanced User Security
- Security features include Password Protection, Control Panel Key Lock and a Kensington Lock.
- User Friendly Design
- Easily control the volume, make menu selections and switch between four different input sources with the touch of a button. With buttons resembling those of simple-to-understand printers and copy machines, the projector's control panel operations are a cinch. The projector can also be controlled using the wireless IR remote control.
The projector's intuitive tab-style on-screen menu makes it easier than ever to navigate through projector settings.
- Quiet Operation
- No matter where you decide to use your projector, the LV-8215 will operate at a low 35dB in Normal Mode and 29dB in Quiet Mode. The cooling system has been designed to dissipate heat, while keeping the noise level at a minimum.
Additionally, Fan Mode allows you to adjust the fan speed to a rate appropriate for varying situations. Choose from Auto, High, and High Altitude (Atmospheric Pressure) modes. Auto mode offers the most quiet operation.
- Portable and Convenient
- Although the LV-8215 can easily be ceiling installed, the lightweight (7.3 lbs) projector was designed with a variety of features that make it ideal for portable use, like a snap-on lens cover and built-in carry handle.
- 7-Watt Speakers
- The LV-8215 is equipped with a high output 7-watt speaker, making it possible for audio to be heard clearly in most classrooms and conference rooms.
- Closed Captioning
- In noisy environments or when working with an audience with hearing impairments, dialog captions are displayed in sync with the action.
- Simple Installation and Maintenance
- The LV-8215 was built with a variety of features and functionality that make it easy to install, use and maintain. AC Mode turns the projector on from the outlet when ceiling mounted. Computer Sync Mode turns it on when a computer signal is detected while Digital Image Shift allows placement of a widescreen image at the top, center or bottom of the image circle. Easy top-deck lamp access allows quick swapping of lamps even when ceiling mounted while a new filter design reduces the frequency of lamp change.
Canon 4329B002 Specifications:
|Device Type||LCD projector |
|Built-in Devices||Speaker |
|Width||12.5 in |
|Depth||13.2 in |
|Height||4.4 in |
|Weight||7.3 lbs |
|Projector / Panel|
|Image Brightness||2600 ANSI lumens |
|Image Contrast Ratio||450:1 |
|Image Size||21 in - 300 in |
|Projection Distance||2.6 ft - 39 ft |
|Throw Ratio||1.62 - 1.95:1 |
|Uniformity||85 % |
|Resolution||1200 x 800 (native) / 1600 x 1200 (resized) |
|Native Aspect Ratio||Widescreen |
|Video Bandwidth||108 MHz |
|Max Sync Rate (V x H)||120 Hz x 100 kHz |
|Lamp Type||NSHA 230 Watt |
|Lamp Life Cycle||4000 hour(s) / 5000 hour(s) (economic mode) |
|Controls / Adjustments||Gamma correction, keystone correction |
|Features||sRGB color profile, High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection System (HDCP), Greenboard Mode, Whiteboard Mode |
|Projector Lens System|
|Focus Type||Manual |
|Lens Aperture||F/1.7-2.0 |
|Zoom Type||Manual |
|Zoom Factor||1.2x |
|Keystone Correction Type||Digital |
|Keystone Correction Direction||Vertical |
|Vertical Keystone Correction||-30 / +30 |
|Analog Video Format||NTSC, SECAM, PAL, PAL-N, PAL-M, NTSC 4.43, PAL 60 |
|Analog Video Signal||RGB, S-Video, composite video, component video |
|Digital Video Standard||Digital Visual Interface (DVI) |
|Video Modes||480p, 720p, 1080i, 480i, 576i, 576p |
|Analog Video Signal||RGB |
|Type||Speaker(s) - integrated |
|Sound Output Mode||Mono |
|Output Power / Channel||7 Watt |
|Speaker(s)||1 x mixed channel |
|Type||Remote control - external - wireless |
|Expansion / Connectivity|
|Interfaces||1 x component video / RGB input - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) 1 x RGB output - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) 1 x S-video input - 4 pin mini-DIN 1 x composite video input - RCA 2 x audio line-in - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm 1 x serial RS-232C ( management ) 1 x audio line-out - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm 1 x network - RJ-45 1 x DVI-I - 29 pin combined DVI 1 x audio line-in - RCA x 2 |
|Included Accessories||Carrying case, lens cover |
|Cables Included||1 x VGA cable 1 x DVI-VGA adapter |
|Security Features||Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately), password protection, control panel lock |
|Power Device||Power supply - internal |
|Voltage Required||AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz ) |
|Power Consumption Operational||294 Watt |
|Power Consumption Operational ( Standby )||0.7 Watt |
|Software / System Requirements|
|Software Included||Drivers & Utilities |
|Service & Support||3 years warranty |
|Service & Support Details||Limited warranty - 3 years Limited warranty - lamp - 120 days |
|Min Operating Temperature||41 F |
|Max Operating Temperature||104 F |
|Humidity Range Operating||20 - 80% |
|Sound Emission||35 dBA |
|Sound Emission (Economic Mode)||29 dBA|
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print pdf files.